? Teeth Cleaning Info ??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kitty mom, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty mom

Kitty mom Member

I've never had my cats teeth cleaned but I'm thinking they both are going to need this done sooner than later. Blitzen seems to have some type of white hard growth on both of his teeth that are near the back , the growth is at the gum line and on the side of the tooth, it almost feels like part of the tooth but I'm thinking not.
    Dasher has the same thing but smaller, is this tarter?
    Also what the ballpark range to have this done?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes, sounds like tartar/plaque.
    Cost is very dependent upon where you are located and if and what teeth have to be extracted.
    Last time I paid about $1000 including extractions

3. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

I agree with Larry that it's probably plaque, and that cost is dependent on a few variables. I've paid from a low of about $350 up to $1200 here in Calgary, but one kitty needed several extractions. My clinic has certain dental health months, where they offer a 10% discount. Luckily, all three had good teeth last checkup. You could probably get an estimate from your vet before having the work done.

4. Kitty mom

Kitty mom Member

Ok thanks, $1,000 OUCH!
    Hopefully I can get it for under $500.00 , do they need to do a blood work prior?

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Most vet require bloodwork before dentals. It is used to determine if anesthesia is say for the cat

6. Kitty mom

Kitty mom Member

I called and yes bloodwork is required. Depending on what level the cleaning is it ranges from $225.00 yo $400.00, this includes all bloodwork and vet costs so not to bad. I'm pretty confident no extractions are needed .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.