thank you

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pandasmom, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Thank you so much for all the kind words and wishes about Odie.

I'm still overwhelmed. I keep looking for him to show up around the corner or waiting expectantly for that little thump when he jumps up on the bed which means that in a few seconds I'll have purring in my ear. Over the last couple of days, I've slowly washed out and put away his bowls, washed his blankets, washed out the litterbox, and picked up his things. I still have not had the courage to put away his cage, which had a permanent spot in the corner of the living room because he loved to nap in it.

I miss him so much. The tears are not constant now and I can keep a bit of food down, but it still hits me in waves like someone's kicking me in the stomach.

My baby.

Odiesmom

2. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time...
    And it will take some time....but you cry all you need to...
    But try to not think about the last week...try only to remeber the things you spoke about...his purrs..his thump jumping up on the bed...his sweet little face....
    I hope the good thoughts carry you thru.
    ((((((hugs)))))))

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs for you. :sad:

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((((Hugs)))))

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tom is still with me so i can only imagine...and yet i can totally imagine. it just chokes me up.
    hugs,
    lori

6. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Hugs to you!

Best-
    Michele

7. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Someone once told me that pain is finite, it has a beginning and end, and I guess in some ways I believe her. She helped me when I lost my Friendly who I had when I lived at home with my folks, had my own place, got married, she was always there for 18 years of my life.

Losing her was like losing the sun, nothing mattered anymore.

But she said to me that someday I would look back and a bittersweet smile would come to me when I thought of Friendly, and she was right. It took a long time, but now, many years later, I do think of Friendly and I can smile and I'm so thankful for having had her in my life.

I hope that for you, the bittersweet smile comes soon, but know that it does come and when it does, think of Odie and be proud of everything you did for him. You did such an amazing job with him, it's easy to see how much you love him and that love will continue. He is at the Bridge now, shining light and love on you always.

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

*HUGS* to you, also. I, too, understand what you're going through. I'm sure that we all do.

9. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

I know how you feel about it coming in waves. It's been a month and a half since Boomer left. I don't have any pets now - do you? I've always had a "back up cat" when one left me but this time I don't. It took me a long time to get used to coming in the door without him there to greet me. In the end it was really tough - I was so stressed out worrying about getting him to eat, finding the right food, etc., etc. Then the next day it was over and finding the "magic" food didn't matter anymore. It was quick a shock. It still comes in waves but the waves are different, not as bad. When I see his face here on my avitar I think "wow, he was so cute" and I can't believe he's gone. Sorry I'm babbling. Just wanted to let you know that I understand. IBD sucks.

10. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

{{{{{Hugs}}}} and prayers.

~M

11. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

it is so sad to lose a beloved pet.. it takes me a long time to get over it... and I quite never do frankly,,,, suddenly the memories come flodding back when I see certain things,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.