The Hit & Run Duo- Binks amps in 45 mins- Dose Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mybuddybinks, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Yikes...here i am seeking input on his dose...he's due to be shot in 45 mins.

I'll try to summarize briefly: hiss SS is up to date, though short on notes.
    I have been raising dose in .25 increments due to inability to monitor...the insulin i've been using expires 7/2013:
    but it's from 2 pens that have been in the fridge since his first OTJ in 2011.
    Looked fine, etc.- but i've suspected that it may have lost some of it's efficacy.
    switched from one pen to the other on 2/25- didn't seem to me there was a change.

so i bought a brand spankin' new pen from a co-worker yesterday...
    Binks was up to 3.0u (more than he's ever been on)... last night when w started the new pen I dropped him down to 2.0u to offset any punching power
    fresh insulin might have.
    (12pm MST) amps 394 3.0u (old insulin)
    +2 399
    pmps 351 2.0u (new insulin)
    +5 254
    +9.5 159
    +11 98

sooooooooo...I work at his +3 and cannot monitor him. i HAVE found somewhat of a substitute tester, but she has only actually tested him once and is verrrrry sketchy on
    how to feed him, HC or Karo, etc.

I'm leaning toward skipping or shooting BCS, possibly still asking her to come test him at +6 or +7...

I'll get a +, +2, +3 on him, but I'm concerned that he may keep dropping.

Thoughts?

ETA: you'll see from his SS that his dosing has not been as aggressive as I'd like, I can't monitor his am cycle (12pm-12am), and also cannot control his feeding schedule during that cycle yet...

also, he has been very apathetic about eating the last 2 cycles.
    Lastly, it's not noted on his SS...but i have been testing him nightly for ketones...always negative.

Celi

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Hi, Celi

I don't have any dosing advice to give you, I'm sorry. I hope that someone who has that knowledge would be here shortly to help you.

How are you doing, otherwise?

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

What did you decide to do? I don't see it on your spreadsheet.
    I hope you have a good Friday :)

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I hope the new juice has a little more zip. Go Binks!
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.