The results of Tori's Aspirate are back

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barb and Tori, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Hi everybody. Here's the link to my last post : viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16401

Well the results are in. Dr Doug called yesterday while I was sleeping after my night shift and to be quite honest I was so out of it that it took me a few seconds to even clue in to who I was talking to. It was really weird. Anyway according to the pathologist the aspirate is from an engorged lymph node and no abnormal cells were seen. So no cancer seen. Mind you aspirates are not always completely accurate but at least its a good thing. Doug said that the plan for now would be to just watch it and see what the lumps do- whether they go away on their own or grow bigger. If they grow bigger a biopsy will need to be done.

I must admit I was just so glad to hear the words "No abnormal cells found" and was still not quite awake that I didn't ask the questions that I would normally ask. I will be calling Doug tomorrow to talk to him more about it. He might not be on though seeing he worked Saturday so I might not get to speak to him til Tuesday. Basically I want to know how long we wait to biopsy. I know as a nurse that the sooner a diagnosis of cancer is made and the sooner treatment is started the better. I have already decided that if things to go bad I am willing to at least attempt chemo. My girl has proved in the past that she is a real fighter and I would never forgive my self if I didn't at least try. So I think I would rather biopsy sooner than later. Mind you I need to know how risky he thinks that would be seeing the location. Do any of you have any suggestions of what else I should ask when I talk to him? AM I being overly pessimistic?

WCR- Her limp is still there but seems a bit less pronounced than it was. She has 2 more days of the pain killer left. Today I woke up to the sound of my daughter screaming at Tori. It seems that Tori quietly walked into the bathroom squatted and peed on the bathmat. She never does things like that unless something is wrong. When she starts a CP flare she will sometimes come and poop on the throw rug by my bed to tell me she's sick but she has never peed like that before. I increased Tori's insulin dose on the 30th and it seemed to be doing well until a few days ago and then it just petered out so I've increased her a tad tonight again. This will be the highest dose she's had since she went back on the juice I think. IS all this related? I don't know. What do you guys think? She's eating very well by the way. She looks really good.

I just feel so confused right now. I'm not sure what's going on and I'm not the type of person who deals well with that.

Keep Tori in your thoughts OK?

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

It is good that they found no abnormal cells. Strange she peed on the floor. Why do they think her lymph nodes are enlarged? Fighting an infection...uti? I don't know if it works like that in cats. Will be keeping you and Tori in my thoughts but am pleased with the news so far.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Keeping Tori in my prayers.

Jeanne

4. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am glad that the aspirate came back with no abnormal cells.
    As far as the peeing in the bath mat, sometimes cats show their displeasure with us by inappropriate urination.
    Tori has been to the vet and poked by needles. She might be angry and trying to tell you that.
    I would not be concerned unless it continues.

~M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.