The sadness never ends.......

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by toreishi, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toreishi

toreishi Member

I lost my beloved Salt (in the pic) to ckd last October. He was my heart.

When the time came for his sidekick, Mango, and I to add another kitty to our home, I adopted a 15yo with ckd because EVERY 15yo kitty with ckd needs a loving home ....
    That beautiful boy, Quince, has just been diagnosed with diabetes.......a week after Mango was diagnosed with Stage 2 ckd.
    I KNOW I'm doing nothing wrong. But why does it feel as if I am ?

Back here because I was able to get Salt into remission from diabetes due to your wonderful help and resources. And , now, I'm hoping to do the same for Quince.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome back but sorry you had to come. It was wonderful of you to adopt a 15 yr old cat, especially one with CKD. Unfortunately, a lot of cats end up having kidney issues when they get up in years. My Willow, who is 17, has the early indicators of CKD. I hate it that our sweet, innocent babies have to get old and start having issues. All we can do is love them and do what we can to keep them happy and healthy as long as possible.

3. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, welcome back. Sorry you need to be here and that you are dealing with a lot right now. You're an old hand so you know the ropes I would imagine. Are you home testing? Could you please set up your SS so you can input your data and link it to your signature so others can help when you need it.
    Going forward please post on main feline health or the relevant insulin group.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, welcome back to FDMB so that you have the information and support you need to work through treatment for Quince. I am very sorry to hear about Salt crossing the Rainbow Bridge, it's so difficult to lose our beloved furry companions.

Please update your signature to reflect Quince's information. If you like you can put Salt's info into your profile information so we all can know about and remember him, and also know that you are not new to the sugar dance.

Here is the link to SPREADSHEET INSTRUCTIONS

Of course, you know that you can also ask questions regarding Mango's CKD as members here are also dealing with that issue.

Best wishes going forward with effective treatment for Quince. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.