The Switch to Prozinc, Part 2

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Susan and Timmy, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

What?!?!? Lol...oh Timmy! You really are keeping your mama on her toes!

Susan, I think you did exactly the right thing. You're doing great, but it looks like you've been blessed with a bouncy kitty. There is absolutely nothing you're going to be able to do to "fix" the bouncies. They just are. Kris and Steph can talk to you about the Zen-ness required to manage a bouncy kitty. But you are experienced and you are skilled and you are wise and you can do this!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Amen to that! :)

Susan and Timmy likes this.
  3. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

Thank you all for your encouragement. It means so much to me.:) I'm a little discouraged tonight, but I'm "rolling my sleeves up" and getting over myself.:joyful: I gave a fat 1.75 units tonight. I have to, for now, work in the space between a fat 1.75 and a skinny 2.0.;) I am using U-40 syringes with half unit markings. Would switching to the u-100 syringes help me with this, or just keep eyeballing the dose for now? Between the highs yesterday and the low today Timmy is feeling a bit worn out, although he isn't hiding anymore, so that is wonderful! My immediate goal is to try to even out his numbers so he starts to feel good again, like he did a week or so ago before the first hypo. That is so much easier said than done. Hopefully Timmy will cooperate.

4. Kris & Teasel

I think you'd find the U-100 syringes very helpful to dose small fractions.

5. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

Okay. I was looking on the site this afternoon and I'm not sure which U-100s to order. There are quite a few to choose from.

6. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

I found this on the Lantus forum. Would this be the one that I need?

Attached Files:

7. Kris & Teasel

You want U-100 syringes with half unit marks. They'll be 0.3 mL with 29 to 31 gauge needles and either shorter or longer (half inch) needles. Apparently Walmart has their own ReliOn brand but people on the forum have said the pharmacy staff there doesn't realize they have half unit marks. A lot of members order from www.adwdiabetes.com.

8. Djamila

9. Djamila

I like the skinny 2 this morning. I think that is closer to what he needs than the fat 1.75 although the 2's might give some occasional excitement. The U100's can make it easier to fine tune doses. I was really nervous to make the switch, but now that I have the hang of it, I'm glad I did.

10. Kris & Teasel

You'll have SO many options with U100s, not just using the lines to get 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 etc. fractions but eyeballing half way between the lines to get 0.1. 0.3, 0.5 etc.

11. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.