This morning

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mphair84, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

At the AM pretest he was 155, so I didn't does. I put out the 1/2 can wet and 1 1/2 tsp DM dry. He didn't seem to like his wet so I tried and encouraged him with putting his dry on it. I have to go to work right now but I'm concerned that when I get home his numbers are going to be super high. Is there something else that I should have done or then I should be prepared for? I'm holding his dose at 2 units right now until he regulates better. I updated his chart.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

First off, I suggest you post on the ProZinc forum for dosing advice. It's a small forum but people there understand how ProZinc works and how to use it best. They might not see your post here on the main forum. :)

You're doing really well with testing and holding a dose long enough. When a lower than usual PS pops up we suggest stalling for 30 minutes without giving food, retesting and giving a dose if BG is rising. How large a dose is guesswork but you get better at it the more data you accumulate in these situations. For today skipping was a good choice because you had to leave. Yes, he'll likely be high tonight but don't worry about that. You'll get him back down. If these tricky situations begin to arise more often it can be a sign of getting nearer to his good dose range. All the more reason to get help on the ProZinc forum.

3. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Phew! Thank you. I would have monitored if I was going to be home, but I wasn't about to dose and fly. Next time I will wait a little and see. I also started giving less dry. I am only giving like a 1 1/2 tsp dry and wet.

I also will post it in the Prozinc forum.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Update: I actually got out early and tested him around 3. He was at 474, not as high as I thought. At tonight's shot he was at 529 and I gave him 2 units. I'm interested in seeing how tomorrow will go.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.