Thos 12/02: Mystified by AMPS 201, 319 by +9, PMPS 206; then 12/03 AMPS 202, +3 82, +4 71, +6 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Dec 3, 2018.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Yesterday I decided to do a curve of sorts. I was expecting some blues. Instead I got a steady climb to 319 at +9, and then a tumble to 206 for PMPS. In my limited experience, I have never seen results simply climb through the day -- usually the numbers drop, with some up-and-down. The hard drop at end of day adds to the mystery. Did I hit a little bounce, with the depot then dumping out at end of day? Could this have been a bad shot?

Today started out about the same, but then moved into the lowest numbers I've ever seen. The +3 was one of those smeary meager draws with dark blood, but the +6 had copious yield, though still not a bright red. All this with multiple tests at each interval, unpleasant both for me and for the little guy. While far from hypo, I fed a gravy variety of FF after the +4, seemingly to little effect. I think Thomas deserves a rest from my poking, but I'll test again later on. Anything to worry about here? Or should I just rejoice in the low numbers?

Thanks so much. - Tom

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sorry if you've already explained this one - but I just have to ask - is there a reason you aren't using the standard spreadsheet? I'm finding that yours is difficult for me to read :( Apologies...was hoping to try to see a 'pattern' of sorts...????

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

When numbers climb steadily like they did yesterday, it's usually a bounce (likely from the 151 the day before). That drop to PMPS though is a little strange....looks like he started coming down from the bounce then went back up again. Nice greens today!

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It's hard to say as the night before the curve was preformed there was only the PMPS number. What did he do through that PM cycle? Did he go lower and then bounced the day of the curve? Perhaps, then today that bounce broke and he hit some nice safe greens. There is a lot of data missing, days that shots were giving with no recorded pre shot number.

Rejoice that you know that the 1.75 dose is doing it for him now. :D He will likely bounce from seeing these greens as they have been far and few in between.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Sue, if you open up his SS there is a tab that say FDMB Style. That is his SS.

7. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Under the "FDMB Style" tab you will see that I did transfer all my numbers to, and continue to maintain, a record in the board's format, though without the detailed notes in my primary sheet. My hope is that this is good enough for the kind people here who are willing to help me.

My "glucose & notes" is what I started out with on my own, though I added the board's color coding and test time notation. For me, this is often easier to scan. Or at least gives me another perspective.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

We just got a +10 of 101.

I am so happy to hear that nothing is amiss here, and indeed I may be seeing progress. Two (for me) odd days in a row was disconcerting. I guess this is the first time I've seen a bounce building, rather than watching one wind down, like the hard bounce on 11/26. And I've never had a string of greens before.

Yes, I should probably be testing more. Especially I try to focus in on this a bit better. I just hate the thought of jabs in the ear defining our relationship. Thomas is super compliant and acquiesces when I say we have to do something. (Well, he won't necessarily heed calls to come inside or down out of a tree.) But he does not enjoy the testing, especially since he has always been touchy about his ears.

Sue, sorry, I didn't mean to sound defensive. How I track is more how my brain works. But I do appreciate the virtues of the board's spreadsheet, and understand that the community needs a common approach.

Thanks to you all.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

We all get that. Just keep in mind that you don’t want to miss any lower numbers. And without data the SS won’t show you patterns and trends.

Keep up the good work y’all!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That definitely looks like a bounce to me. Glad he cleared it!

It would be really helpful to those assisting you if you would grab the “FDMB style” tab and drag it to the far left position. That way, when we click on your SS link, that one automatically opens for us. Since the purpose for having the link is so we can help, that will assist us and also keep you from having to answer questions about your SS :)

Thank you!

11. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

And the bounce has landed him in some of the nicest numbers we've ever seen.

Great idea about moving the "FDMB Style" sheet all the way the left. Done.

Thanks again.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.