Thoughts on food switch

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Charlie8610, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie8610

Charlie8610 Member

I’m thinking of switching from Purina pro plan veterinary diet DM(wet) to fancy feast pate since that carb content is lower. What’s everyone’s thoughtS on fancy feast? I really would love to find a healthier product with no animal by product but I see that a lot people feed their diabetic kitties FF. I want the best for my Charlie! Thoughts? TIA!!

JeanW likes this.
  2. JeanW

JeanW Member

Are you home testing? Be sure to test when changing food as it may really lower their BG levels.

There are other more healthy options. I fed Fancy Feast to my cats for several months and it wasn't the best choice for them. But it is inexpensive and available everywhere.

Now i feed Nature's Logic which is my first choice and Nature's Variety Instinct Original, currently my cat's first choice.:rolleyes: There are other healthy products but I don't have experience with them. My cat has done really well on Nature's Logic and gained several much needed pounds. It's not inexpensive but the cost is comparable to prescription food and the quality is much better.

3. Charlie8610

Charlie8610 Member

Yes I home test

JeanW likes this.
  4. JeanW

JeanW Member

Oops, sorry, see above where I was editing :)

5. Charlie8610

Charlie8610 Member

Thank you!

JeanW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.