Throwing up and liquid poo for a day

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI, Scrabble is a diabetic who has been otj for 1 month now. He has been having liqui poo and throwing up his food for 24 hours now. Not sure if I need to worry and take him to the vet or just keep an eye on him? Should I try fortiflora in his food?

2. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I generally think throwing up for 24 hours earns a trip to the vet. Something could be going on, or it could just be a bug. The liqui-poo makes me think it's a bug, but it's really hard to say. Have you changed his food?

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

HI Mindy and Max! No there hasn't been a change of food. The only thing I have fed him other than his FF is some deli chicken breast but I give it to both cats on ocassion so I don't think that is it and Sabrina has had the same thing and she is fine. I am going to call the vet and see if I can get him in today. He has been in and out of the litter box trying to go. Poor baby. I will update

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Any update yet? Thinking of you both..

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Just got back. Everything is normal (temp/heartrate) We are thinking it is a possible hairball. Going to watch him the next day or two and see if it clears up. If not then we will go in and do bloodwork to rule out pancreaitis or something else. I didn't want to spend the $$ to do all the bloodwork yet just in case it is something easily curable. I wonder if this has anything to do with his diet? We feed FF.
    He just ate a small meal. I sprinkled some fortiflora on it hoping to help with the liquidpoo. I am going to feed him small meals the rest of the night. The good thing too is he is drinking water so that makes me feel good that he won't get dehydrated. I will keep you guys updated!
    Checked his bg before I left for vet and he was 85 so that made me feel good.

6. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Is it a lot of liquipoo? Because trying to go to the bathroom, and vomit, and diarrhea could also mean constipation..

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Any update? How is he today?

8. Angel and Ducky

Angel and Ducky Member

How is Scrabble today? Hope he is doing better. I think it is good that you took him to the vet, hope it is just a hairball.

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

HI Everyone! He is doing much better. Yesterday morning there was a giant hairball that was puked up on the ottoman, I am assuming it was Scrabble. I do have a civvie kitty Sabrina but she rarely throws up hairballs. No puking since then and there has not been any liquid poo today and he seems back to himself. He was playing with my DH this morning so hopefully it all has passed!!! I tested his bg yesterday and he was 51 so I was pretty happy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.