Tig Tig,FIV, no appetite, wt. loss/update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by maryjoandsmokie, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Tig Tig went back to vet this morning(3x in 2 days) because he was going up and down the hallway whinning. DS said he went to the litterbox twice and didn't do anything.

Vet did labwork again and x-rays. Vet said x-rays were normal and bloodwork fine except the wbc's are high. Urinalysis was fine. His bladder is small. I do not know yet if he ran the
    Thyroid or Pancreatitis test. He said Tig Tig is not
    constipated (yesterday when he examined Tig Tig he said he had hard stool)

Vet said he gave him Decadron yesterday and the whinning could be a side effect.
    He was started on an antibiotic and Remeron yesterday.

What could be wrong if labwork and x-rays ok.
    DS is gonna watch him closely to know about the pee and pooping.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

hoping some prayers will work. poor kitty kitty.

3. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Maryjo,

How old is Tig Tig? It sure seems like the vet has run a good amount of tests, but if he does not have anything conclusive to assign the symptoms to, other than maybe the side effect from the drug the cat was given, it is hard for anyone here to give any kind of opinion on what could be going on with poor Tig.

With higher WBC counts, it would seem there would be a possible infection somewhere, or maybe even cancer, depending upon many other factors. Cat's age, fact that he has FIV, plus did you say he is diabetic?

My Ketchie has Interstitial Cystitis, and her last blood work showed high white blood cell counts, and the vet did put her on Baytril, and she has seemed better since the antibiotic. I hate to put my cats on any abs unless absolutely necessary.

Has the vet checked Tig's mouth or teeth?

Take care! Keep us posted.
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.