tiger is sick!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Susan G and Tiger GA, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

he was just fine yesterday, for a 16 year old, crying for his food as always. this am, dh was feeding the kitties their breakfast and said that tiger won't eat. this is very unusual. someone has been vomiting over the past 3 days, with 3 kitties, it's hard to tell who. tiger is not purring, is sitting kind of like a loaf but not all the way down. i had set him on my bed, but he looked uncomfortable, i thought maybe litter box (he's never had an accident) and sure enough, he peed after i carried him to the box, his back legs seem weaker than usual, they have never fully recovered from neuropathy and has arthritis.. but he is not interested in food at all, i'm getting worried. i'm calling the vet, what should i be asking them? he has been kind of licking his lips, is that nausea?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Licking the lips usually happens with my cats before they vomit. The vet may want to do an xray to check for blockage. I can tell you that yesterday Mr. Darcy brought up a huge hairball, so big I had to help pull it out of his throat. I'm thankful that he didn't block from that.

So, yes, get to the vet, check for a block first, and run some blood work.

Please keep us posted.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Tiger has been added to my prayer list. Hope this is just temporary and he is feeling better soon.

4. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

i will be taking him into the vet at 11:45 am. he has been otj for a long time, but i tested him this am anyway, 137. about normal for him. he just seems so listless.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

susan i'm hoping it's just a temporary stomach bug, the kind we beans get. one morning of not eatting and feeling punkish is not so bad, we all have that sometimes right? i'll keep an eye out for what your vet has to say. fingers and paws crossed over here.
    lori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.