? Tips to loose weight?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Capoo, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capoo

Capoo Member

Hi all,

Finally, with all the good advises that I have gleaned on this forum, it seems that Capoo is almost regulated.
    We have changed his insulin, from Caninsulin, to one week of Prozinc, and at the end Lantus! Such a release!!!!
    I have also changed his food, from completely dry to completely wet, and it sounds like a miracle!
    But, 4 days ago, I weighted my cat, and what a stupor : he now weights 9 kg!!!! (Before his diagnosis, his weight was 8.2 kg). According to my vet, as he is quite a big cat, his ideal weight is around 7.5 kg.
    So, I have tracked the ideal number of calories he should receive per day (290 kcal/day), converted this number in terms of quantity of food, divided this quantity into 8 meals per day thanks to the auto-feeder (another thank to this forum), and tried to play with him as much as I can, but is there something else that I can do ?

Attached Files:

2. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

A good half hour of exercise a day should help. Laser pointer or maybe get a harness and leash. I have seen people walking cats. some take to it some don't.

Attached Files:

jayla-n-Drevon and Critter Mom like this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

scoobydoox likes this.
  4. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

thanks, a friend of mine has been trying to use a harness and leash on his cat and when i saw that pic i had to share

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

and some (Rico acts as if there is a electric current in the harness:eek::woot::eek:)
    I did have a neighbor who walked his cat all the time tho--it is pretty cool!

scoobydoox and Critter Mom like this.
  6. Capoo

Capoo Member

Warffffffff!!!!
    I live now in Paris, just in front of the "Bois de Vincennes", where all the people from Paris owning a dog come to walk them.
    That sounds a little bit dangerous when you have a cat not afraid at all of dogs.....
    When Capoo sees a dog that he doesn't know, he seats just in front of it, looking directly in its eyes. That could be a little bit problematic....:)
    But, frankly speaking, I lost my german Shepherd Anoushka in December, and now, I am seriously thinking of having another one, and a baby one.
    That could maybe help Capoo to practice some sport....;)

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Kitty Dundee! :cat:

:D

Mogs

Capoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.