TNR $10.00 in Pearl River County..and UPDATE on kittens with no mom!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer Member

If your kittens/cats reside in Pearl River County, Mississippi, you may purchase a coupon for $30.00 and receive $20.00 refund as soon as neutering is completed=$10.00/cat. YOU MUST PURCHASE THE COUPON BY AUGUST 31 but will have 3 months to get the cat neutered.
    As far as the dying mom who left 4 kittens behind, we have had no luck getting a thing like the above offer. And in the meantime of calling everyone we could for assistance with TNR, I just noticed one hour ago, TWO NEW TINY KITTENS trying to eat out of the 11 plates for the other 4 older kittens and and 2 adults.
    BTW..now I am wondering if the cat that died slowly in our garage was the MOTHER since she looks identical to the cat that I assumed was the father that is constantly with the 4 older kittens. Just now, I watched the (supposed) father follow one of the tiny new kittens into the bushes.
    Finally, I will make my last call to the Picayune SPCA (offering the coupon) tomorrow, since I own (but do not reside in) a home in Pearl River County , adopted 2 dogs from them and donate often. I was called by a nice young woman associated with the neutering grant program Sunday, who wished that I could use my home in Pearl River County to buy 6+2? coupons BUT because the cats do not RESIDE at that home, it is doubtful.They are at my home next door in Lamar County. The Hattiesburg options require $60-$80+/ per cat + renting separate trappers for each cat. I am not permitted to bring them in separate carriers.

I do not mean to sound skeptical..but Is it any wonder why more people do not TNR? If I could have at least received some assistance on how to do it all and why some things are restricted.....It was explained to me on Sunday that Trappers were required because the DVM can sedate the cat still in the trapper without reaching in and getting ripped to pieces..I had no idea..I hope some of you can utilize the offer above. I've about given up but will continue to provide nourishment to all and can only hope for a miracle ...that their lives will happy!!!

You are all such great people and I will never ever be able to thank you all enough for helping me help Elliott!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Unless they're coming to your home, if you can trap them yourself somehow, they don't need to know you don't live in the "approved" area

Are they at all tame enough to possibly catch them yourself?

3. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

No, they are not tame. I was able to pet the one adult caretaker this am and the kittens are not running away as fast as usual. ..Frank thinks we can catch them since they practically hang on my front door awaiting meal time...I don't know what to do about these new little one's if I did catch them. I was told they have to be 4 months for neutering...However, when we agreed to take Elliott and Trouble, they were 8 weeks old and we were told that they were neutered weeks before??? I hope they were neutered!!!

The young woman said that my driver's license must state Pearl River County..BUT my late mom's driver's license states the required address, since it was her home. I will see what happens tomorrow..I won't get my hopes up. BTW..Chris & China, I hope you are both doing well..You were sooooo helpful to us!!!!

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. There were many time I used my sisters address when I was trapping cats at my parents house. At that time there was a grant that offered free spay/neuter for her zip code. As long as you can provide proof that you live there part time, you should be eligible. Our local facility also has the same requirement about feral must be brought in inside a trap. They loaned the traps for a deposit but would only cash the check if you did not return it.

5. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

If you have a utility bill in your name maybe that would work.

6. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady Member

Just chiming in. I do TNR and fostering of feral kittens in my area. At times I do have to "county shop" because some grants for free/low cost are available in counties other than my own. In my experience, the people who work at these places are required to tell you that you must live in "x-county" but they typically don't investigate it because they care about the animals as much as you do.

As far as professional trapping. That is unusual. They do ask for a specific trap that can be rented, but like a previous poster said, it's usually a refundable deposit.

What I have had the most success in is calling private rescues in my area to ask for advice/help in dealing with it. They are usually eager to help because their mission is very similar to yours. They have the most up to date info on grants and how to get around local restrictions.

Kittens can be neutered at 8 weeks and 2 pounds. No need to wait until they are 4 months.

Alley Cat Allies is a great resource. I would suggest you take a look at that site.

7. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady Member

I must add, if you are planning to trap the kittens, please don't corner them, case them down, and grab them. This makes their fear of humans worse and traumatizes them more than using a humane trap. If you intend to socialize and adopt out the kittens it's crucial that they don't have a deep fear of you.

Thanks for doing your part to help the feral cats. I have two feral babies cuddling in my bed every night. And their feral born mom (just got her spayed) has started to come in my apartment when I leave the door open. It's possible to gain their trust and help them live happy, healthy lives inside or out.

8. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree about the kittens. Even if you do not plan to adopting them out, if they can be socialized, begin working on it as soon as you have them. Then if they are released, they stil may be approachable in case you need to catch them again for any health issues.

Crazy Cat Lady likes this.
  9. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

I will continue to fight for dogs but will add the cats because of you "cat people" who gave your heart and soul to help ELLIOTT!!! I know know much you love them..It's the least I can do= Fight and give voice to our innocent helpless living beings who just want some happiness.-To be free from pain, abandonment and disregard at the least!

WELL to make the following posts and letters and calls to Director Carla Gerrard, Ann Bosworth, MaryAnn Johnson, the mayor, the sheriff, National ASPCA, Picayune SPCA, associated clinics..International SPCA, etc. I got a very nice call from Ann Bosworth this morning while angry and writing a message to the mayor saying, "How about I cart the 10 cats to your house across the street from my mother?" After rambling over the hell we have been put throuh, Ann simply and nicely said that she would work with me. She gave me the names at a clinic to call in AM to start making appts for Feral cats..
    BTW..Feral Cats have no time limit for purchase of $5.00 voucher that pays for the neutering due to their county grant that pays the DVM the rest. I had set up appts with my DVM who was willing to neuter all 10 for (at the most) 1K..but suggested $500.00 was possible. Instead of expressing all of my opinions, accusations, and lack of accountability among the TNR people, I will C+P some of what I wrote in long messages on Facebook to everyone. I started my news up again=NBSN BREAKING NEWS: News For The People By the People..but haven't yet used it on Facebook..It is for people to report incidences concerns that mass news outlets often do not cover. However, the "cat" issues need to be written accurately while detailing specifics that pushed me right over the edge. When the 10 cats are cared for and I can return to a somwhat normal acting human being, I will publish my experiences. I hope nobody gets mad at me over my opinions on what I experienced. I wish I could get a job doing this. This is what I do..attempt to ensure justice while considering "the good of the animals".What I have learned about cats issues is abhorrent.

And though the ASPCA does wonderful work, experiencing 3 months of confusion, wrong information. going on wild goose chases per DVM clinic, by middle class (finacially) citizens who has LIFE on hold for 10 stray PEARL RIVER COUNTY CAT RESIDENTS is ridiculous and I doubt many would be able or willing to do this.. All in P-Ville knew the mother cat, as was admitted to me today. And so, maybe I can return to caring for my 8 dogs after degloving surgery for sebaceous adenama that requires sugardine wraps for granulation since the foot and ankle have no ample skin to dissect and cover, pick up poor Newbie (20 yo) from the crematory who recentlly had his eye removed and was fine. Pick up Beedah who left us awhile back and remained at the crematory, Get Buddy's axillary mass excised as it should have been done by now, and try to schedule their teeth cleaning and pray the bill will be LESS THAN $8,700.00....sorry. I am still rambling..Tomorrow may be a happy day for the little kitties..(if we can catch the 9 runners-mom is friendly.
    I will also start a new post since learning the feral cat program that has no time limits. I hope that some of you can take advantage of it if the cat is a resident of Pearl River County. .

I hope my actions will help the cats in someway..Who knows..maybe people will just become angry.The following info in posts have been phoned, emailed, faxed, Facebooked, twittered and "mailed" to state and federal officials charged with monitoring non-profit organization and to remind them that "Cats are not inanimate objects-They are not toys to be played with and discarded at will."

Frances Edwins Chisholm added 4 new photos.

August 26 at 12:11pm ·
    Frances fed the stray cats and now there are 10...and so, for my mother, I will do the "'right thing"- words that seem to have various meanings in this corrupt state. Getting assistance to get them neutered under TNR is ridiculous...Fran Munschauer doesn't like cats but we will "try" to get them neutered. Shame on Mississippi for being so greedy especially when the cat people claim they care sooooo much about CATS...If what I have experienced over months getting direction is considered "caring" about animals..God help this awful state..I remember when "some" people use to have the "help" take stray cats in a black garbage bag and take them away. I was told that J----- was simply dropping the cats off in other areas ..(Sorry Ma, it had to be said!!) **Stay tuned for details when I publish the real story on NBSN Breaking News, detailing the "hell" one goes through when trying to do the right thing for our animal friends (of which when "convenient" there seems to be few that care in the state of Mississippi) These above opinions would never be condoned by Frances Edwins Chisholm..Too bad!!..Fran Munschauer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Response to some ill informed or just a plain ignorant poster:
    These cats were STRAYS in
    Poplarville, MS. I don't even live there. So, my mother was responsible at 96 y.o for feeding a skinny stray cat? Now, I'm responsible when liter after liter is birthed? Count the sites and clinics that claim low cost neutering... "I" am not offering low cost neutering on every web page at every clinic in every city and state. I am not preaching to the choir. But no one in their right mind would have called and driven to every place that I have been directed to.over the last months...only to learn, "I don't know who you are talking to.".. "We don't have it" or "Sorry, someone gave you the wrong info." or "we have these coupons but not Feral coupons." and "The are secretive people that will call you about feral cats...SOMEDAY" or "We don't "actually" neuter but sell or give vouchers at times...."Come on down."... 87 miles later!!!
    How about if any TNR or regular neuter clinic said..".We wish we could help or direct you but the overpopulation has gotten so out of hand, we need funds and staff. Donations and calling or writing to advocacy agencies couldn't hurt if you are willing." We are really sorry." Would that be too much to ask? And what are people to do that want to help but don't have 1K or so to neuter a bunch of cats? Imagine what is happening to cats when people can't afford-- not $10 or $20 or $50 but $68-80/cat + $8 Rabies at a so-called "low cost clinic ... That is not low cost for many good people...Oh, .and wait for the best part....You can surrender cats instead with a small $35 fee...and the SPCA gets upset to find cages filled with cats/dogs outside in the AM? All of these cat saving stories are lovely and heart warming...How about we reach out to the pets that can't warm our hearts because we never see or get to know and love them, and "do" something about these funding issues that in the state of Mississippi and other states, view animals as inanimate objects- toys to play with and discard when we tire of them. All animal advocacy programs deal with frustration but this cat situation is abhorrent..I have dealt with dog issues with HSUS corporate for years with few issues but none like these. Who might the ASPCA state coordinator might be? Does anyone even know? Never mind, when I inform their mayor that I would gladly drop 10 cats at his house directly across from my mom, I am sure he'll provide me with requested names.· August 26 at 9:08pm
    BTW: I donate frequently to both HSUS and the ASPCA..However, that is all they aver ask for. Finally, my daughter and her son went to Pine Belt SPCA and "asked" if they could help, by walking dogs or feeds or whatever..They were allowed to walk the dogs on occasion. The staff was nice but gave no hint that "they" were helping the
    animals. Sad..sad..sad!!!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.