? To shoot??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Erika&Harrycat, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erika&Harrycat

Erika&Harrycat Member

Hi! Had a Harry go into hypo last night. He was down to 42 at +6 so I gave him so high carb wet food. Checked ten min later he went down to 36. Gave him a bit more food. Checked again 15 min later he went back up to 43. Checked an hour later he was back in the 60's. He's on Novolin and I have him on a 3 dose a day every 8hrs. At 2.5U. I'm thinking his dose is too much so his last dose was 2U.
    Woke up this morning and did his AMPS it was at 117. Gave him his breakfast waited and it was at 177. So I didn't shoot. Was that good? Bad? What's going on?? Lol
    Thanks!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

II can't tel what is going one. Yu have few BGs before shot time recorded in your SS. Yo also have few mid-shot BGs.
    pm 9/10 you got a good mid-shot response with two units since yo had both a PS and a +4.

3. Erika&Harrycat

Erika&Harrycat Member

I know... I was un able to test him most of the day yesterday, unfortunately but hoping I could still get some advice. I skipped his 6am shot since he was last at 177. Thanks!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you still trying to shoot every 8 hours instead of every 12?

The other option this morning would have been to give a much reduced dose (like maybe 1U) when it was obvious he was heading up, but again, I'm no expert in using Novolin or any of the harsher types of insulin

Erika&Harrycat likes this.
  5. Erika&Harrycat

Erika&Harrycat Member

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

YEAH!! Hopefully that will be a better fit for Harry...and at least there's lots of us here that can help you with Lantus dosing!

7. nora

nora Member

Very new here, but sounds like a rough night for you and Harrycat. Crazy numbers. I hope the Lantus keeps things more even for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.