Too much fish?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sophia, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

Sophia simply did not want to eat anymore and the vet said that I should give her anything she wants. Sher now loves FF fish stuff but snow I wonder if it hurts her in the long run. She is diet controlled and I don't want to take a chance that she will come back on the insulin. She has hyper-t and we put gel on her ear daily morning and night..she urinates a lot so does her brotehr who has kidney disease. There are always big clamps and they don't even cover anything anymore.

Of course I am happy that she eats but worry about mercury...

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Sophia

here is a old thread with a discussion on fish in diet, with Dr Lisa and Jess weighing in on too much fish.
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=540&p=4169&hilit=fish+diet#p4169

You could gradually decrease seafood flavours in her food, by mixing non fish with a little fish at a time,,,it's kinda like an addiction, they love fish, but too much can cause problems down the road and fussyness to eat anything but fish.

3. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

Thank you. I read everything and I will try to mix some meat and chicken in with the fish.. and I just hope not to get a lot of noise and THE LOOK......I am just so glad her appetite is better than before she had been losing it since we had to increase the gel twice as much in the morning for her hyper-t.

I still don't know if that gel is really working. When she gets a blood test she needs to be sedated because she is too wild and the vet complains that Sophia does not like her....We had a her tested again and it was still too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.