Treats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by alexi456, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexi456

alexi456 Member

Hi,

We have started doing the home testing recently and are starting to rack up some results for our spreadsheet which is exciting. I read on here that we should give Fred a treat after every test so he associates it with a positive experience so I was wondering what people recommend as a low carb treat? All the treats I could find for sale where like dry food and very high carb. Are things like a small piece of cooked turkey a good option? Since we are starting to test him multiple times a day I didn’t want to overload him on the food. Thanks

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

A piece of cooked turkey would be a great option (as long as it does not have seasonings that would be bad for a cat). Cooked chicken is also good. Several of us use PureBites freeze dried treats; I use the chicken ones.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Any 100% protein is fine.

4. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

I use Grizzly Super Treats. They're mostly salmon with a little pork gelatin. Cleo is crazy about them.

5. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Radar likes freeze dried chicken and the duck treats or wild boar treats from Orijen. :cat:

6. Kristine

Kristine Member

I have a similar question. I have Christopher on wet food only and he is diet controled as we speak! YEAY. I have read about Zero Carb dry Kibble. Has anyone used this? I was only going to use it as a treat. I have 6 other cats and they love kibble treats but havent had any since Chrissy was diagnosed. What do you all think?? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.