Trying to find Iam lamb and rice-canned

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alice and Tabby, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I have checked many online stores and can't find it. I did find something about they recalled it. Would also try Eukanuba. I also can get over to Canada if my Canadian friends can find out if they carry it over there.I am desperate for my civie Sebastian who is still having horrible colitis. He's on boiled chicken right now and need something else asap. Anyone who can find a link to an online source or any info please post. Or any store in Maine that might carry it. My baby needs to eat. I have already had one devastating lost this week I can't loose another of my babies.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

have you tried petfooddirect.com, amazon.com and as a last resort contact Iam's and ask them what's going on and where you can find the product.

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

4. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

All the Iams canned is yanked off the shelves.
    Dana

5. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry the Iams is pulled. Friskies started adding Brewers rice to some of their canned, wondering if that might work?

6. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

We are trying Hills k/d and boiled chicken today. He only had 1/4 can of Hills mixed with water. I know he needs the water. Hasn't thrown it up yet today. antijinx. He was doing fine on FF and I think they changed the formula and that sent him over the edge. I will have to find something he can eat and keep down. At least he hasn't had any diarrea for a couple days. I managed to get some acidophilus into him a couple days ago. Not sure what set this off but pretty sure it was the FF. I might end up trying some Friskies that doesn't have any fish in it and has a rice. The rice helped Tabby with his diarrea. Not sure yet. Just worry about paying $2.25 for a 5.5oz can of food. And I don't think one can will do him a day. We will see. Worried he's dehydrated. He's just laying around. My poor little guy. Makes this so hard to deal with since I had to put my old girl of 16 1/2 years to sleep yesterday. I am dying inside but must help Sebastion. I can't loose both of them. Damn cat food companies.

7. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Tabby has to have the Friskies with brewers rice or he gets the diarrea bad. I bought two flavors that had the rice and no fish. He kept them down for a few hours than threw it up. I think he at the entire 1/2 can. My bad for putting so much down. Maybe only 1/4 can mixed with water at a time. I have mixed grill and country style hat fit the bill. Send good thoughts are way. I don't know if I can take much more.

8. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I am sorry you are going through this. Would any of these foods work?

Natural Life Lamaderm - lamb and rice for allergies
    Ziwipeak Lamb - lamb and mussels, no rice (and very expensive)
    Wysong Anergen - lamb and rice also for allergies

All are available from petfooddirect and I think amazon as well. Good luck!

9. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

If you are just looking for cat food with rice instead of corn, wheat, or soy. I believe both Blue buffalo and Nutro use rice. But, they aren't low carb if you have a sugarkitty. You can get both at Petsmart. My cat really loved the Nutro food, until I found out it was 16% cal from carbs.

10. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

I am off to get the Wysong lamb and rice myself for my allergy kitty. I had to have it special ordered from a specialty pet store. Too bad I am too far from you or I would pick up some for you too. Hope you find some and that Sebastian is better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.