Tuscany - balance/weakness problem.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by joyce-tuscany(GA), Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Crossposted from lantus land: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6622

Any thoughts/suggestions would be helpful.
    Doesn't seem to be just a back leg weakness issue - but also balance. When she sits she is weaving, bobbing around like she is going to fall over. Even just looking at her - she seems to be holding her head funny.

2. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

[cross-posting to Health and Lantus]

I'm assuming you've eliminated hypo? If so, my first reaction would be a stroke, mostly 'cause that's what's caused similar symptoms for my Gwyn on several occasions: she would have a stroke, get a weird walk with her hind quarters slightly twisted to one side (the left) to compensate for the fact that the legs on that side are now weaker. Had a head tilt (to the left) on two or three occasions as well, where the head was both tilted to one side, and also torqued at an angle. She also had nystagmus, with the eyes uncontrollably flickering to one side. One ear is not erect as the other, and one eyelid has a bit of a droop).

If the symptoms are progressing, I would definitely take her in to the emergency room so that they can make a professional diagnosis of the situation and give her whatever support she needs; depending on what's happening, there may be something they can do to either reduce further deterioration or speed recovery. (I might be tempted to do so even if the symptoms aren't progressing, but that's your call.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.