? Tux may back from honeymoon.- 5/30 PMBG 223, +4 89, 5/31 AMBG 184

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kako & Tux, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Hi! We maybe come back to the board fully.
    Tux maybe leaving the Fall. I've seen information how to know if the fur baby is back from honeymoon, how much dose to start, etc. Though I can't find the information. Does anyone know where it is?

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Kako, sorry that Tuxs BG is up a bit. I don't know where that info is.
    But I would start by running a curve, it's what I did when George recently left the falls.

Is tux getting into any contraband? Have you changed food? How are his teeth? Georges teeth were the reason for his by going up, now he's had them fixed he's doing better (apart from yesterday when we think he got into the outdoor cats dry food, he's with a pet sitter)

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kako & Tux likes this.
  3. Kako & Tux

Hi Gill! :bighug: I didn't know that George has left the falls!
    I haven't changed the food. He still eats low carb around 4% (currently Dave's Naturally Healthy Food). Teeth are clean.
    His BG was totally fine. Then it was higher when I came back from a two week trip. He was constipated. After constipation was resolved his BG came down to 78. Then I left for another one week trip. His BG was higher again when I was back. It came down a bit then higher again today even though he pooed.
    I've ordered Probiotic, and will order more test strips. I will do a curve soon. Since it's yellow, not black like when he was diagnosed, I am not in panic. :)
    Thank you Gill! :bighug:
    Hope George will go back to the Falls soon!

4. Kako & Tux

BG is 89 now. :joyful::D I will keep eye on.

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

He is just letting you know how much he misses you :p

I hope he settles back into normal numbers on a regular basis. :bighug:

Kako & Tux and Mandy & Rex (GA) like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tux stays in good numbers for you and doesn't need to go back on insulin. Sending prayers.

Kako & Tux likes this.
  7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It sounds like things are leveling out. Before dusting off the syringes, make sure that there's not a solvable problem (e.g., if there was a petsitter caring for Tux, was he or she giving your kitty contraband "treats", Tux needing a dental, etc.)

Gill & George and Kako & Tux like this.
  8. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Is that 89 on the AT or on the human meter?

Kako & Tux likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Kako! Hope Tux stays in good numbers for you and you don't have to return here unless you just want to visit us. :)

Could he have been constipated? Or as other's said, have his teeth check, that is a common thing that can take a cat out of remission, just ask Bubba. :rolleyes:

Also, I saw on you SS that you were away twice recently, maybe Tux was a bit stressed and is trying to settle back into yours and his routine. When I was away the end of February, Bubba spiked up and within 24 hours of my return he went back into normal numbers. Just be vigilant with checking him and meantime maybe a vetty visit would be in order if he hasn't been in a while.

Kako & Tux likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope it's just stress because you were gone.

Kako & Tux likes this.
  11. Kako & Tux

Stephanie, it's on the AT.

12. Kako & Tux

5/51 AMBG is 184.

13. Kako & Tux

Hi Sienne! Hubby fed Tux while I was gone for two weeks. He overfed dry meat treats. Also the birds were making mess on the carpet. When Tux is board he munches those bird seeds on the carpet. He may have done again.
    While hubby and I were gone for a week, a sitter came 3 times a day. Tux gained 0.2 lbs. Also the birds were overfed. Bird played with their food and a lot of seeds were on the carpet when we were back.

14. Kako & Tux

Hi Bobbie! Yes, Tux is prone to constipation. Tux has been given some Miralax morning and night (while I was gone too) and also I gave very little olive oil, butter, coconut oil, and fish oil. He poos when I give those oil. Now we are waiting for a bottle of probiotic to arrive. I was forgetting about probiotic for two years or so. Hoping what his body needs is probiotic! :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Kako & Tux

Glad that Bubba went back into normal! Tux used to come back normal sooner too. I will take him to a vet if he keeps showing higher numbers.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  16. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

89 on the AT is a very nice number.

Kako & Tux likes this.
  17. Kako & Tux

Yes, it is! Then AMBG is 184. I have no idea if Tux is willing to stay on the Falls or leave.
    Tux tend to start weird habit while I am gone (munch bird seeds, eat any food from the street=cul-de-sac). Hope it's temporally from his habit or constipation, BG will be smooth out when his behavior is back to normal or constipation is solved.
    A bottle of probiotic's arrived, 100 more test strips are on their way. I am set whatever I need to do. :)

18. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation at the moment and we've had a problem with George getting into contraband, and BG soaring.

Hope you can figure out what's going on with him

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I do need to say that when this happened Bubba was on insulin ( just happened at the end of February) but prior to that he was very tightly regulated. I do hope Tux will bring his numbers back to normal. Hopefully, if you can remedy the constipation, his numbers will get better.

Can you get kefir where you live? Plain unsweetened kefir? My boys love it and it is really good for their gut . I give my boys a tbsp. every day. If you can get it and start him on it, start off with slowly. This link tells you how to introduce it.

http://www.foodfurlife.com/kefir-for-pets1.html

Kako & Tux likes this.
  20. Kako & Tux

Thank you Bobbie! :bighug: I've never heard of kefir. Tux would love that! I will look for it at stores.
    Today I ordered Wellness food that Tux used to love and brought him OTJ. Hoping Tux will love Wellness again, and it will do miracle again. :):cat:

21. Kako & Tux

Gill, enjoy your vacation! :bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.