Two month recovery of Monkey and PenPen

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger, Jun 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger Member

Today marks my two month journey in FDMB and treating Monkey and PenPen. :bighug:

Two months ago, Monkey is losing muscle rapidly, hide in the corners with eyes squeezed and closed, probably because of the pain of neuropathy and generally very ill. Here is a photo.

upload_2020-6-7_20-17-18.png
    The Monkey today.

He looks like a normal cat now. His fur and skin become nicer. He is relaxed and feels fine.. The most surprising change is, me and my family saw Monkey as the most independent cat that was not very interested in human's affection. He was the only cat that never headbutt human. (I think the reason is because when he was a bady, my family interacted with him less than the the interaction with other baby cats). 2 weeks ago, I found that Monkey become very dependent on me and meowing for attention and affection all day. :rolleyes: He enjoy strokes and scratches to a new level that I have never expected. When I am sitting with him, sometimes I play with my smartphone or do other stuff, he meows me loudly in order to get me look at him and touch him.. Now he stays in my room most of the time. He becomes the closest cat of mine. What concerns me is that Monkey rarely show interest to toys. @Bron and Sheba (GA) @jt and trouble (GA) @Nan & Amber (GA)

See PenPen, he was not as ill as Monkey two months ago, however his hind legs were very weak, he could not jump higher than half meter. He was dragging his legs all the time. The vet said it was due to joint degeneration in senior cats. Unluckily I do not have any video of him two months ago, but see the below video.

PenPen is in his fourth day of OTJ trial. I think his leg problem is not mainly due to his joints, it is due to his neuropathy. His recovery of agility is due to recovery of neuropathy.

The diabetes, although scary and unfortunate, I think it gives me the opportunity of bonding with and study cat knowledge. Now I feel I can sync with my cats :rolleyes:. Before that, I rarely take part of taking care of them. In the past two month I study intensively to build the best living environment for them. (Also, spent a lot of money:blackeye:) . In retrospect, my family only had them survived, but not thrive. It somewhat sadden me to think I should have started taking care of them earlier, preferably the moment that I saw PenPen in the pet shop, and the moment Monkey was born. (His parents are PenPen and FaFa)

They are 14 years old. I expect there would not be many years left. To see the diabetes positively, the incident make me really understand them. (Especially Monkey) So when they were in the rainbow bridge, I could I have truly spent time with them.

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, Peter, that is such a sweet tribute to Monkey and PenPen's progress! You are just the best cat daddy to them!!!!

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. Great photos and you are a super cat dad Peter!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww Peter you bring happy tears to my eyes. Monkey looks so much better and WOW PenPen! Hes beautiful and happy! FaFa s having a problem now but hopefully that too will get turned around.
    BEST THING OF ALL? Is YOU! Look at the bonds you built and overcame so much to get them all in a better place. I am VERY proud of you. You are one awesome cat daddy!:bighug:
    jeanne

5. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Happy tears!!! Your love and devotion is what got them healthy again so congratulations to you FaFa PenPen and Monkey’s dad!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.