TYLER'S JOURNEY #23

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Dec 19, 2019.

1. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Your Questions from post #94 with my responses in blue:

I will put in my signature that I switched to lantus and the date but don't know how to put it on the spreadsheet.
    We can just put an extra row into spreadsheet with the Text "STARTED LANTUS". I can do this when you start.

I know it has to build up and not to be worried if I see higher pure shots correct?
    Exactly. You won't see the full effects of the Lantus until the depot is filled which takes about a week when you start.

Try to stay as close to the 12 hour dosing as possible
    You have 30 minutes leeway with shots each day. One shot can be 30 minutes early or late or both shots can be moved by 15 minutes.

Test, shoot and feed immediately is that correct
    Test, feed, shoot all in a few minutes. You just need to know Tyler is eating.....he doesn't have to finish his food before you shoot. You can shoot while he has his head stuffed in his bowl.

Won't see a drop until around +2 Is that correct
    You may or may not see a drop around +2. Depends on cat and that cycle. Everyday can be different.

Will worry about increases or reductions later
    Exactly. Take this one step at a time.

Onset is usually @+2 is that correct
    Yes
    Also Putting a link in for the previous post for lantus I don't know how to do that
    Go to previous day post, copy the URL and then start new post and paste URL you copied into first line.

Do you agree with me on waiting to start the lantus until Monday morning?
    Absolutely fine. You can start whenever you want.

I will be following SLGS because of the dry Dr Elsey's food
    Yes.

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda thanks so much, I didn't mean to bug you, I know you were busy last night helping others members and their kitties.
    I think I am just nervous about all the different things I have to learn about using lantus and everything else that goes with it. That pic of the syringe you sent me was great
    I think I'm more worried about if you are not around and/I might need help
    about dosing or what ever that no one will answer me , which probably won't happen
    I was just wondering if I needed to tag anyone that is experienced as you are who would I tag. I hope you are not aggravated with me @MrWorfMen's Mom

3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️ You are just wanting to do right by Tyler .... very thorough rather than slipshod:) I was the same back when Elmo was getting ready to switch from vetsulin to Lantus ❤️ You remind me of myself ❤️

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks Beth, I just don't want to drive Linda crazy with all these questions, I should just take one step at a time. The one thing I'm still not clear about and Linda did tell me already is when you are going to post a new day or thread for lantus is how to post it like I see you do, I see you put the word yesterday, or some put previous post
    Linda did explain above, but I have no idea what URL is lol
    I guess when the time comes we can discuss it then @Beth 73

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Beth 73

:bighug: When it comes to tech stuff, no matter how simple, I am spoiled/lazy cos depend on my son Matt....since he moved away he likes to feel like he’s still helping and when I do post he always put in the “yesterday” at the top of the thread.....his way of contributing ❤️ He’s a good boy ❤️

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Tagging is fine but unless it's urgent, not really necessary. I get alerts for your posts and the tags so it doubles the notifications to go through. If you have an urgent question on Lantus, best to post a "?" prefix and say HELP NEEDED!! or something like that to get attention. If you tag folks there is a chance that others will see your post and not respond because you have requested a particular person's input at least when you are starting out. Let folks get to know you and Tyler. I will be following you there just as here so no change in that respect. Remember not everyone will offer any advice about dosing. Some folks are new and don't know enough to offer advice so they cheer you on instead. It's a busy forum but once they get to know you, you'll get lots of input.

Diane Tyler's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  7. MrWorfMen's Mom

The URL is the long string of text that appears at the top of the browser for your thread.
    This is the URL for your current thread.

URL.PNG

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Funny story from yesterday .....Jenna texting frantically ab their rambunctious 18 month old kitty, Junior.....seems he dismantled and swallowed yet another toy and was constipated....vets in the San Francisco are outrageous expensive so they wanted to treat at home first ....not much was working so I suggested gently inserting their finger barely into his bottom to maybe activate those muscles :woot:....they decided to take him to vet last night instead :joyful: After xrays and exam , guess what the vet did ? Stuck his pinkie up his bottom and said “ get ready for a poop”....:p:joyful::D the exact words I’d said :eek::D:joyful::p I’m not 65 years old for nuthin’, y’all.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

LOL! Too funny. Too bad the kids can't believe that everything doesn't need a high tech solution! :woot:

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok lol can I try it on here for tonight's thread, I'll start a new one
    Tested Tyler just now @+2.75 - 75 checked it again 81 just fed him FF Chicken Pate will test him in an hour @MrWorfMen's Mom
    Ok I understand what you said in #106

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  11. Beth 73

They were afraid to try a baby enema , even tho she and her brother have grown up watching us do all manner of things for our fur kids....I do understand how even barely inserting a Vaseline covered nozzle into his bottom would seem daunting ...our SIL , Chris, is a cautious guy which has merit .....but the vet sticking his finger in made Jenna almost laugh out loud .....

12. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks, Seth.

Beth 73 likes this.
  13. Diane Tyler's Mom

That is really funny

Beth 73 likes this.
  14. Beth 73

Ahhhhhh, KEL ❤️ Elder fingers typo :woot: :joyful: :rolleyes: You are forever a hoot !!!

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom checked Tyler @+3.75 - 90 did not feed will check again +4

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. MrWorfMen's Mom

Lovely cycle so far. Keep surfing Tyler!

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda tested him @+5.75 - 113 did not feed will test later into the cycle

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Beth 73 likes this.
  19. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom tested Tyler @+9.25- 112 not bad for today
    When I start the new thread for tonight and try to put previous thread in can you tell me if it works, Tyler's Journey #24 . I hope I don't screw it up lol @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.