Unsure how to post in this part of the forum

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeanW, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

I've posted on the main forum but not sure how to post here.

My recent re-introduction to the forums - http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-needed.198383/

I've been trying to get Pretty Girl regulated for a year. I knew next to nothing about FD when she was diagnosed. The first vet prescribed 2 units right away and I literally thought Pretty Girl would die each time I gave her insulin (I didn't find this forum till much later). The vet wouldn't listen and wouldn't work with me so I quit her and her care plan and I've been to 5 different vets since then. For many months her numbers stayed in the 500-600 range no matter what we did - mostly Lantus pen and FF food.

Now - after a stay at the hospital and medical boarding while I was out of town - Pretty Girl is home and I am trying once again to get her regulated. I'm about to lose my mind. But I've started testing again and keeping the spreadsheet. I am using Lantus with a syringe and Purina DM and Nature's Logic chicken food and free feeding. The vet had her on 2 units in the morning and 1 at night.

Shortly after returning from the hospital Pretty Girl had several low BG moments not recorded on my spreadsheet - very scary. Her numbers are lower at home. So I'm starting over trying to get her on the right dose and get her regulated using Start Low Go Slow. On Monday I began with 1/2 unit morning and night. Her numbers are high without a doubt. I work so I've started yesterday coming home to get mid-cycle tests and to pick up the food 2 hours prior (which I forgot to do today).

I'm buying needles with half unit markings tomorrow and the stuff to test for ketones. The high numbers this week are super scary. I thought we'd left them in the past.

If you've read this far, I need input and advice. Super stressed.

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Jean and Pretty Girl ...I am going to tag one of our pros to help answer your questions and I know others will be along shortly to help . We all can identify with your stress but you are exactly where you need to be for you and Pretty Girl ❤️ Tagging @Chris & China

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're over here now @JeanW

I've continued my advice on your other thread just to keep everything in the same place, but I encourage you to start posting here every day.

Each day we post ONCE here and the subject line is usually just the Date, Cat's name, AMPS ###....then as the day goes on, if you get other tests in, you edit the subject line to include the newer test numbers.

In the body of the post, you tell us about how things are going, how she's feeling, ask any questions, etc.

If your post includes a question, it's a good idea to add the ? prefix to your subject line. Once your question is answered, you remove it by editing and choosing "no prefix".....that way, if you have another question, you can put it back up!

Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

5. JeanW

JeanW Member

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  6. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

You've certainly found the right place for advice an support!!

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

8. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thanks to you both. :)

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Here are a couple of spreadsheets from cats who went into remission:
    Diamond
    Darwin Be sure to look at the 2017 tab on the spreadsheet
    George There are also several pages to George's SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.