Update on Amy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tim & Chris, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

Amy was to the vet last night. She got some fluids and had '2 ultrasound guided Cystocentesis, 1 Histopathy 1-4 sites VT HIST" That's what on the bill. I guess that's an aspiration. The pathology report could be back tomorrow. She also had the Mirt while there and 1/4 pepcid ac. She's allowed 1/4 pepcid ac per day now. It did seem to help her feel better. She ate 1 jar of baby food last night and 1 today. Also part of another jar and some a/d. Just a few nibbles of the a/d.
    Her vet wants to wait to make a plan of treatment until the results are back from the lab. She said we could do a phone consult w/ Cornell or the oncologist in Rochester depending on the prognosis the pathologist gives. If they believe it is too aggressive we will discuss whether to treat or just let her go before she gets so bad she starts to suffer. If there is a chance she will respond to chemo I will try it. The vet doesn't think Amy is suffering right now. Just that she doesn't feel good. She has lost 2 lbs since the end of Feb. That is 'very concerning' to my vet. When she was at the internist Friday
    there was no sign that it had spread to the lungs. I remember she said that the lungs looked clear.

I was having a pretty hard time with this today. Then I decided to ask for a miracle instead steeling myself for the worst,
    which is what the vet expects. Amy could have a miracle. So I'm praying that my girl will catch a break for once in her life
    and have a chance. She's a fighter. She survived Katrina and the shelter where she was picked on by the other cats.
    So there's some fight in my girl. For those who believe in God and prayer, please pray for my girl to get a miracle. She's a sweet girl and deserves it. I do so appreciate all the support and insights you've given us. I can't say how much it's helped me. Going to spend some time with Tim now. He's been a good boy through this but I think he's getting a tad bent out of shape. He's always slept right next to my head but can't now because I sleep in Amy's room so she won't be alone at night.

Thanks again,
    Chris

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

So I'm praying that my girl will catch a break for once in her life
    and have a chance. She's a fighter. She survived Katrina and the shelter where she was picked on by the other cats.

But she did catch a break in her life Chris -- a huge break -- she got you.

Sending prayers and wishes that her path report comes back much better than expected.

((( Amy ))) ((( Chris ))) ((( Tim )))

3. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Ditto what Cheryl said, (((Chris)))! She got the best break ever when she got you.

Many prayers for Amy and you to catch one more break!

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots and lots of cyber hugs. I know you are going to do whatever you can for Amy.

5. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I agree with the others that Amy received a big miracle when she came into your life - and she's been through a lot - but will still keep hoping and praying for another miracle for your girl right now.

And lots of hugs and scritches to Tim - too bad we can't explain to them what's going on, isn't it?

Sending lots of prayers and vibes your way.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

6. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you both. Stretching big FDMB cyber arms out to surround you. More prayers included. More hugs ((((((((((((((((((((((((Amy and Chris)))))))))))))))))))

7. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Chris,

I sure will hope and pray a lot that you get encouraging news about Amy. And I hope Tim understands in his own way that you are not ignoring him.

You sound like me here. I am getting up like three times a night to spend time sleeping with my 5 cats. They all need attention, and I try to spread myself around.

My little Woodee boy was not expected to live for long after his fibrosarcoma surgery, but I believe that he has been given a miracle by God, since it has been over 2 years since his diagnosis and surgery. He still runs and plays and is such a loving boy. I pray that your girl, Amy will also get a miracle. You both deserve it, that's for sure.

God bless,
    Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)
    cat_pet_icon

8. Simon & Sam

Simon & Sam Member

We are sending prayers for a miracle across the seas to you.

We're all with you and Amy.

Love

9. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Sending fervent prayers for a miracle to be granted for your sweet girl. Reaching out across the miles with open arms to hold you all close as you go thru this difficult time.
    ((((Chris))))

10. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for that miracle. I believe HE still works miracles even if they dont seem like miracles at the time.

Jeanne

11. Dana & Lily (GA)

Dana & Lily (GA) Member

Sending healing thoughts her way.......

12. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

Sending many prayers and healing vibes for Amy (and Tim).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.