Update on Bryce

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Debbie and Bryce, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Hello Acro friends and family -

Just a quick update. Try to find time to review posts on this site, but time has been scarce. This site and the entire FDMB adds so much value to so many. Thank you. Hope everyone is subscribing or donating what they can.

Bryce was at the Cardiologist yesterday. Her heart condition has progressed. She is on new meds and has had two doses of Lasix. Vet believes we got in at a good time for her check-up, and that the meds can help her. Her breathing (which had appeared somewhat labored), seems better today. She's up to 9.5 from 9.0 since early May. Numbers seem ok - could be better, could be worse. So,we're doing ok and will continue to do what we can. Have a follow-up appt with the Cardiologist on Aug. 3.

Our best to all. Again, thanks for all you do here.

2. Just-As-Appy

Just-As-Appy Member

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that her cardiologist thinks that the meds will help her.

I appreciate the info about heart 'stuff' as Tony also has heart disease, probably associated with acro.

3. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Just took a look at Tony's SS. Up to 27 units BID. You mentioned a heart issue. See you started Plavix in early June. Wondering if you've seen a Cardiologist, and what other meds Tony is on right now. Does he have an enlarged heart, and breathing problems/grunting? Bryce just started on 1/4 Plavix, one Vetmedin BID and has been on Enalapril (but it was just increased to twice a day). She is also on Lasix, when needed. We are still trying to figure out exactly when she may need this.

We just take this one day, week, month at a time. Hang in there. If there is any other information that I may be able to give you (in regard to Bryce and her heart-related issues), please let me know. You may already have been talking with others on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.