Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Gracie (GA), Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

My vet called me today. She gave me 2 doses of Bupe--in a pre-filled syringe. I guess my persistence finally paid off. Kind of. I wanted more, but I'll settle for the 2 doses.

And I feel bad, but I'm going to lie on Saturday and say I gave them. . . so I get more! I sound like an opioid addict. :smuggrin:

Gracie is eating, but not much. Maybe 1/4cup all day.

Still taking her in Saturday.

She seems to be scratching more too. No fleas, as I just gave her, her monthly dose of Revolution.

I have the mirtazapine. Should I give it? She is eating, but just not as much as normal.

Rachel likes this.
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Heyyyy! Yay for bupe! I'd do the same thing...and when you say you gave them, stress how much better she seemed to feel afterwards. When I explained to my vet how the bupe helps, he seemed more willing to leave it on file for me.

I don't know much about appy stimulants. If she isn't eating well, I'd think you could give one? Did the vet give any instructions for when you should give it?

3. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

The mirt can be a good thing, but if you are hesitant think about how long it lasts and ask yourself- is her appetite getting better or worse.

We were on 1/4 mirt every three days, so if it looked like the appetite was declining I would give it with the next day and day after in mind. Jaxa had the meowing side effect after being on it for a while, and she would get very manic for a while after the pill was just taken- moving from room to room and not being able to settle for long. She did eat better though, which was the important part. She did okay on mirt, but better on cyproheptadine (twice daily, but took three days to really start being effective).

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind that on her "regular" amount of food, she's been gaining weight. Is her current, lesser amount of food just a better amount of calories for her? Or is it really too little?

5. Tina and Gracie (GA)

I ended up not giving it. If she needs it . . I at least have it on hand.

6. Tina and Gracie (GA)

I think she is food protesting now, or associating one of those foods made her sick when she flared. I mean she could still be feeling a little yucky. She's moving around though like normal.

I would say total calories are less. Food is the same.

7. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

I feel the same way- I have all of the prescriptions on hand, but she hasn't needed them since last month. I just hope every day that we won't have another flare of pancreatitis. Pilling cats is not fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.