Urgent: Should I Dose?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by scienceofcats, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Reposted from the ProZinc forum.

Hey guys. I think Lola had a little bit of diarrhea - she smells terrible. Her fur is “wet” with a little bit of poop on her bum. She seems fine otherwise - very bright-eyed. My husband fed her half an hour ago before I got home, and said she smelled normal and looked healthy. Her sugar right now is 8.9 mmol/L (160 mg/dL). That’s a little bit low for her, so I’m worried about giving the 0.50 units ProZinc. I’ve updated her SS for you all to look at.

Should I dose her? And how worried should I be about the diarrhea?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed 911 prefix. Received advice and not a medical emergency.
  2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

based on BG readings after the 1 unit given when BG was 9.2, i would personally go ahead and shoot the .50 for 8.9.
    tux gets diarrhea on and off for what seems no reason, it hasn't effected his BG when he still got his insulin dose. i wouldn't worry about the diarrhea unless she keeps having it more than a day or two, or its constant throughout the day. be sure to give her extra fluids though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.