? Using Forti Flora

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

It says one package per day. Should I put it all in one, or split it up between morning and evening meal?

2. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Well, I mixed a half a packet in with their food. Shiloh ate about half of it, my civie, Spuds, didn't touch it.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If you're using it to encourage appetite, you only need to sprinkle on enough to get the cat eating.
    If for diarrhea, putting some in every meal provides some of the good bacteria for every meal.

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Thanks BJ. I should have specified. I think I switched the food too quickly and at least Shiloh has diarrhea. After I posted the second post, Shiloh went in and ate half of Spuds' food. He still won't touch it.

5. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

It took me almost a whole month to switch Goof over, I had no problems. Did you put the Fortiflora in Spuds food too? It won't hurt him if you do, and so then Shilo will be getting it anyway.

6. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

I put it in both of their foods, and Spuds still only nibbled at it, 3 hours later. She doesn't seem to mind it all, but he doesn't want to touch it.

7. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

Maybe try putting a very small amount in Spuds food to start, then increase a tiny bit each day? Jeez, the psychology we need to use just to take care of our kitties! Lol

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) likes this.
  8. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

I know what you mean!

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.