Utilities Special Needs users?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanK, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanK

JeanK Member

I originally posted this under Community but only Marvie & Tugger answered, and I'd really like to know whether this is worth pursuing...Do y'all register with your gas and electric companies as special needs users, since insulin needs to be kept refrigerated? Do the utilities even allow that if the insulin user isn't human? Wouldn't want to be accused of fraud.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Interesting question - I did because I use a CPAP machine at night. After power problems in the past couple of years, I finally bought a UPS battery for it (Un-interruptible Power Supply) in case we lose power in the night.
    (when the machine shuts off, the mask is suddenly stifling - can't breath)

I don't think it would be wrong to list the special needs -- no need to mention the fur factor.

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Wow...I never even knew that was an option. And I wonder if it is an option in my neck of the woods. I don't currenlty have a diabetic kitty and none of my other kitties have anything that requires power. But will keep it in mind if the situation arises. Thanks!

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

My power has went off a few times in the past few months - freaked me out because of Insulin. I asked them to send me a medical form & I was going to have my Vet sign it, it arrived in the mail last week, I just have not been to the Vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.