Very puzzled

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

hi y’all. I am very puzzled about numbers that Kya has been having. I started out with .75 dose of Novolin 2 x a day and was doing good now her numbers don’t looks so hot. Very high preshot numbers plus nadir at the +4 not as good as it should be. I feed in the morning a can then she is getting a 1/4 can around the +3 to +4 mark. Then she doesn’t eat again until early evening. I’m not giving food overnight. I recently switched to new bottle of Novolin thinking it might be loosing its oomph No better really. We went to 1 unit and now I was going to try out 1.25 for a week or so to see. Could I just be having major bounce issues? Someone please take a look.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that I forgot to get back to you. :confused:

His numbers are higher but no too bad overall. It's not unusual for them to drift up and down in dose. I agree with trying 1.25 u for a few cycles. Don't leave him there too long if you don't see at least low blues mid cycle.

3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Thank you. Do you think it would make a difference if I changed her feeding schedule in the 12 hours after morning dose

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

We're fans of feeding several small meals a day. It's generally best to give that food in the first 6 hours after a dose. If given later it can shorten the duration of the dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.