Vet visit today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alysha & D'Argo, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alysha & D'Argo

Alysha & D'Argo New Member

Had to take D'Argo into the vet today. He was not eating well the last 2 days and today refused dinner. Doing some blood work to see if it's pancreatitis again as well we got many medications. Appetite stimulant, anti nausea, anti inflammatory and antacid. I gave the appetite stimulant first to get him to eat and it has worked but we're 2.5 hours past insulin time. Should I still give it late or skip tonight? We use Caninsulin.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How much wiggle room is there in your shooting schedule? If it'd cause a problem, it's probably better to just skip tonight and start over in the morning (as long as there haven't been any problems with ketones)

If he's high enough now and you have a little wiggle room, you could go ahead and shoot and then maybe test him at +11 tomorrow....if he's above 300, you could shoot an hour early in the morning to start working your way back to your normal shot time.

IF he's having problems with nausea, you should always give the anti-nausea drug first.....nobody wants to feel like they have to eat when they're already sick to their stomach.

3. Alysha & D'Argo

4. Alysha & D'Argo

I'm not to sure understand wiggle room? And we did test positive for ketones when first diagnosed.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

"Wiggle room"....means how far off can you be in the morning? Like if you shoot 2 1/2 hours late tonight but 12 hours from now you can't be home to shoot, you have no "wiggle room"

With ketones in the picture so recently, I hate for you to not shoot....but your spreadsheet isn't up to date so I'm not sure what I'd suggest.

Maybe shoot a half dose tonight and then tomorrow morning, test at +11....if he's above 300 then, you could shoot an hour early to start making up the 2 1/2 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.