Vetsulin dosing advice for food change

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Betchadeb, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I hope this will get to the right people so that I will get some advice. I am considering changing my cats food from FF to Tiki cat as Tiki cat has zero crabs. I know that FF is very low in the carbs depending on the protein that you feed. Skylar is also on Young Again as she is a grazer. What I need help with is her insulin dose as there are no carbs in the Tiki Cat. What do I do, give her 1/2, 1/4, no insulin and test every couple of hours. Please Help. I am ordering the food and most likely won't get it until Saturday. Thanks for the help.
    Something funny, every time I typed carbs, even now, my tablet changes it to crabs..

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

Some cats are more carb sensitive than others - when Carter was on Vetsulin and eating Tiki Cat, it didn't really affect his numbers. I would test before every shot and then post for advice with a number under 200. If after posting you do decide to shoot, get a +2 so you can gauge if the lower carbs will have a big impact or not on the cycle as that's when the numbers will start to drop, and then I'd grab a +4 or +5 to see the nadir number.

Betchadeb likes this.
  3. Alexi

Alexi Member

I would do a gradual switch over a week, gradually adding more of the new to the old whilst continuing the current dose and keeping testing as above, if the dose needs to come down the numbers will indicate.

4. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Thanks for your advice. I don't know what happened to Skylar's spreadsheet being posted on here?? I will have to look and see how to get it back on here.

5. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Haha! ;)
    [​IMG]

6. Elizabeth and Bertie

Hi @Betchadeb ,
    For some reason I'm unable to see your SS. When I click on your link I get a page with this message:

"This site can’t be reached

skylars%20spreadsheet’s server DNS address could not be found."

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Don't you just love those auto correct features in software these days? Bain of my existence! :banghead:

You may have accidently changed something in the spreadsheet address in your signature in which case you just need open the sheet, get the correct address and replace it.

Betchadeb likes this.
  8. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I know. I don't understand that. I have tried to fix it but I am having no luck.

9. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Lets see if it works now, fingers crossed.

10. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Its a no go. ugh

11. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Its working now but had to delete a lot of my info, at least you all can see the spreadsheet.

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful! I can see it.

If you want to include what you removed from your signature to accommodate the link, there are a couple of things you can do. Short form your info and separate bits using "|" or a "/" . See my signature to see what I mean. Full sentences take up a lot of room and space is limited to 3 lines so you have to be a bit creative. :woot: You can also copy the link to the spreadsheet, type in a name like "Skylar's SS" and highlight it. Then on the tool bar select the icon in the 3rd little box (looks like a single chain link) and paste the link into the box that appears. Click on Insert and you're done. If you need any help, just holler.

13. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Awesome. Thanks so much for the help. I shall attempt to do this tomorrow.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  14. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

OMG, Thanks for your help. I did it, won't tell you how many tries it took me to do it, but I did her spreadsheet. One question though, her SS comes up that anyone can input in it or at least it did when I clicked on it, how do I change that so people can just view it? I am now going back to change the info in the profile. Happy dance :0)

15. Elizabeth and Bertie

I'm getting the option to 'view only', not to 'edit'. :)

Critter Mom and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  16. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Awesome, I must be doing something right... I just changed the info on my profile too and it is there ( as I wipe the sweat from my forehead).

17. Elizabeth and Bertie

Nice numbers there, Debbie.
    That's quite a steady and 'gentle' response you're getting to the insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.