Vomiting

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Sadi (non Diabetic) has puked 3 times the past 2 days..she is not a puker. Took her Temp, temp is normal.. even BG Tested her 48.. will eat, but has a loss of appetite, any thoughts here?

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Help! Vomiting Question

process of elimination (no pun intended)

- new foods?
    - does she go outside? get into something she shouldn't have?
    - could she have swallowed something inside house that shouldn't have?
    - ate a bad bug?

What's coming up - digested or undigested food?
    How soon after eating?

I don't have answers, just lots of questions that when you answer may give a clue to someone else as to what's possibly happening.

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I agree with Hillary - let's think this through.

What was the pukus?
    -foam?
    -undigested food?
    -hair in it?

How are her BM's? Has she gone lately?
    Is she being herself otherwise or does she seem lethargic?

4. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Hillary & Paige. You have a lot of good questions!
    Goes outside, but with my supervision.. she most definitely could have got into something or ate a bad bug, I never even thought of that! BMs are normal, last one was last night (she goes once a day) she just ate some dinner too. Her pukus is grass & her food. All pukus has grass in it, but she eats grass everyday? She most definitely is a bit lethargic.. not acting herself.. but not acting sick either.. very strange!

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

My guess would be that she got into something. Does she throw up after eating or whenever?

If she does it again tonight (if it were me) I would take her to the vet for a check up. However, I don't know what they could do except give you something to help her tummy. My chloe once had an episode of vomiting for no reason. They gave her something for the upset tummy. I also gave her some pepsid to help with her tummy.

6. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Another thought...has she eaten any raw? It's possible it was off...or out too long?

Cats tend to eat grass to self medicate for digestive reasons. Perhaps if her tummy was upset...she ATE the grass to help herself throw up.

if she's still eating normally, that's a good sign.

I hope sadi feels better soon.

Attached Files:

7. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Betty too! I hope Sadi feels better real soon too! She is eating dinner (thankfully) Sadi is like Elvis though.. she will NOT eat raw, so no chance thats it.. time will tell.. I tink Hillary or Paige may be right.. she has got into something or eaten a bad bug? LB is normal & she is acting 80% Ok. Thank you for all the ideas.

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Sadie feels better Nicole. Give her a nice tummy rub.
    My kitties don't go outside so I have no experience with grass vomit but my Chloe is a pretty good vomiter. Could go for a day and then disappears. Sometimes they do just get a bit of gastro.
    I don't even have to say keep and eye on her cuz I know you will :)
    Hugs to Baby and feel betters for Sadie.

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Mine don't go out either. But I do make kitty grass on occasion and it never fails they eatr it and rhen gack. If I don't have grass and syd has upset tummy she goes after my plants to help her gack.

So if sadi is gacking grass then yes she is trying to rid herself of whatever is bad tht she ate. And think about it. When you gack don't you feel wrung out and not yourself.

If it continues more than a day then you may want to call the vet. Otherwise my guess its out of her system.

10. Maria & Suzie

Maria & Suzie Member

Is the pukus slightly pink-tinged?
    Do you see anything in it that looks like small spaghetti?
    Are her third eyelids showing?
    Is she a little runny-eyed?

Sometimes worms can cause irritation and vomiting. (even cats that don't hunt can pick up certain parasites...)

11. Nicole & Baby

Hi everyone, thank you for all your ideas & input - I greatly appreciate your time & attention.
    Thankfully, Sadi has not puked for near 24 hours, she is eating - temp is normal, litterbox action continues to be normal, playing..etc. If she does not get sick again & continues to keep her food down, I will attribute it to a bad bug she ate or something similar. If she does get sick again, I will take her to the vet. She looks normal & is acting normal right now!! :D

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good news to hear about Sadie Nicole.
    Thanks for the update. So much going on with so many kitties lately :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.