Was the insulin bad?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa and Celle, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa and Celle

Melissa and Celle Member

What do you think? Had the last vial gone bad? That was certainly my conclusion after the first dose, so I cut back a bit, figuring that we had increased past the ideal dose. But now I kind of wonder if that was the case.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see numbers staying under 350.

2. Eva & Butters

Eva & Butters Member

Good Morning, Melissa and Celle ~

Love seeing those blues and preshot yellows for Celle, Melissa! :D And the better numbers you're seeing for Celle could be from the new insulin, but I'm wondering if that 3.75U dose was starting to kick in? Right now, you're seeing some rebound/bounce from those lower numbers. It can take up to 72 hours for bounce to clear. What I'd do is to hold the 3.50U dose until bounce clears to see what kind of action you're getting for Celle with that dose. If you're not continuing to see blues, then I'd suggest increasing back to the 3.75U dose.

Melissa, did you get a chance to read Libby's comments about Celle's spreadsheet on your last posting? Libby is the best at analyzing spreadsheets for trends and dosing suggestions.
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=61631

Melissa, maybe we can ask Libby to stop by in a few days to give her input, too. I LOVE that you're getting back on track with Celle however it's happening!

Enjoy the day,
    Eva

3. Melissa and Celle

Melissa and Celle Member

Yes, that's the advice that makes me wonder if it was the insulin or just that we finally had the right dose kick in again. It's great to have so many experienced users looking at the spreadsheet.

I plan to hold 3.5 for at least a week now that I'm back down to this level. Either way, we must be pretty close to the dose we want.

4. Eva & Butters

Eva & Butters Member

Hi, Melissa ~

I've sent a PM to Libby asking her to check in when she get's a chance. Her advice is always very helpful.

Hope you have a good afternoon.

Eva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.