? Watery eyes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Shiloh has had allergies before, but it has almost manifested itself in her skin. Just recently I have noticed that her eyes are really watery. No other real symptoms, no scratching, no sneezing or coughing, just watery eyes. Is that anything to do with the diabetes, or maybe the new foods?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'll be interested in the responses you get Rhonda. Menace's eyes are running too. Just had her on a 7 day course of Tobrex eye drops and it did nothing. They are still running. Like you there is no scratching, sneezing or coughing but I took her out to the backyard for a romp on her lead and she did develop some small papules in and around her ears and over her eyes but I think that must have been from the plants she buried herself in around my pond. I got plenty of scratches untangling her. :banghead::p All those marks are now gone but her eyes are still running.

3. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh doesn't go "outside," but we do have a screened in back porch where she spends a lot of time.

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Linda, without going back and looking, have you switched Menace's food at all?

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Not really. While my supply of EVO is on it's last legs, I have been slowly transitioning her back to the Taste of the Wild until I find a better option (or can get this stubborn little critter to realize soft stuff is edible) and she had been eating that before our adventure began so I don't think it's a food issue.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Will she let you gently pull back the eye lids at all? Perhaps something got in there.

Immunity insufficient to suppress feline herpes may be boosted with 500 mg of l-lysine, an amino acid (protein building block, no carbs) given daily.

Check the eyelids carefully - are the lashes curled inward towards the cornea at all? If yes, that is called entropion and has a surgical fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.