We are finally able to hometest

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Do Lou (GA), Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Well its been a struggle and we are still not regulated but at least Do Lou and I have finally gotten hometesting figured out via the use of his paw
    forget the ears that was never going to work for him anyway and my vet is fine with the hometesting now that took a while to get my vet (who I work for)
    to come around as well anyway just wanted a update we have not been on in a while we are still on N my vet does have cats on Lantus and we have discussed
    it but at this time he wants to keep him on N so I am telling myself to trust him I have worked with him for 16yrs and he has always done so well with me and my cats
    will check bk in later but just had to share the I am so happy I can hometest finally took me long enough he is on 4.5U bid right now of N and is eating the fancy feast from the list mostly seafood and proplan weight control for his dry at this time and yes I know this is not perfect but gotta have him eat he will never be able to wean off dry
    Lisa

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I'm very glad you are able to hometest!

A couple of things

1. testing results will tell you and your vet whether the N is right for you guys or not
    2. if you must feed dry, could you feed something healthier and lower in carbs?

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.