Webber - DX 12/23/09

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by paige, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hi there! Starting out on this new site.

Paige and Webber

2. Andrea and Seymour

Andrea and Seymour Member

Welcome! Glad you found us here.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Paige,

What did you decide to do about the vet and insulin and stuff?

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

hey there, i just posted to your carb question on the old fdmb. basically you won't find carb content on the labels themselves. you have to look at it in the food charts at the top of the old fdmb. heck, let's see if i can link it here http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodNew.html scroll down to Natura/Innova for the EVO brands

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hillary - we have an appt for this Wed to start on Lantus at the vets office. However, my husband is concerned about the cost. Approx $108 US dollars for 100 units. But I have heard good things about Lantus so we will start with that.

Cindy - I was looking at the nutrition on the manufacturers web site and that is where they listed the carb content. Is this not correct?

This is still so new and there is so much information on this message board.

Thank you!!

6. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

paige if you get the script from vet on wed and run straight to pharmacy you can get your lantus for free! they have this coupon special running until 12/31: http://www.lantusconnection.com/lc2/emails/Email2_FreePens.html but give that to vet so that s/he can write out RX for the lantus pens. you will still need regular U-100 3/10cc syringes (get the ones with half unit markings, you'll need them). this is how to use the syringes with the lantus pens (look at the pictures): http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/read.php?22,1015374

and no, what they list on manufacturer's site of carb content of food isn't right. what you need is the "as fed" values. but no worries, janet has already done all the work for us and you can find most any food's real carb content on her famous food tables. http://www.felinediabetes.com/diabetic-cat-diets.htm (need to look at both 'new' and 'old' charts to find your cat's food).

okay let's see if my first real post on new board i figured out how to post links right. ;)

7. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

You done good, Jojo! I'm still trying to figure everything out.

So nice to see your post. Been thinking of you alot, and hope hope hope you are feeling better.

Judith and Thomas

8. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

And even if you miss the special (but I hope you get it!) it is still more economical to get the pen cartridges by far than the vial.

9. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Paige,

I don't use Lantus, so I can't help much, just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Robin

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

paige, make sure the vet writes the RX for "a box of five 3ml Lantus SoloStar Pens". some peeps have had trouble if the RX wasn't specific enough.

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Just wanted to stop in and say Welcome to you guys

12. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

and if your vet does not write script, have them call it in. mine called to walmart and I took coupon in and no problem

13. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Darn! My vet is out of the office today so I am going to have to pick up the vial to take with me tomorrow. Maybe she can still call in a script for the free pens. But would the Lantus stay good for very long (if it taked me a while to use up the vial)?

14. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

yep. believe mine are good through 3/2012 . just keep them refrigerated. you can also ask for latest expiration date they have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.