Weeble OTJ Day 7 PMBG 82 (TrueTrack) 66 (Accucheck Aviva)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by weeble, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weeble

weeble Member

Hi Everyone,

Of course this has to happen on a holiday. I was giving her ears a rub to warm them for testing and she ran away and is scratching her left ear and her eye is blinking. She did the same thing yesterday, but not nearly as vigorously or for as long. She has been acting a little off this morning. Maybe whatever's going on there is bothering her.

Hoping to just be able to take her to the vet or have the home vet come in the morning as the ER doesn't neccessarily seem appropriate and is far enough away that she'd never make it without throwing up.

Anyone had anything similar with any of their kitties?

2. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: Weeble OTJ Day 7 No Test--something's up with her ear or eye

Can you be any more specific about her eye? Do you see anything drippy, or reddened? Any chance it's allergies?

I know Kitty's ears get dirty, and he scratches. We have to clean his ears regularly (and cut those nails! :lol: ) Maybe you can check for a scratch.

Also, if you are warming his ear: I found that the rice sock could get very hot. I move it on his ear, rather than hold it down on his ear, to avoid burns.

3. weeble

weeble Member

The eye looks normal--I think it's just a reaction to the ear. And I don't think it's allergies. She's still at it right now shaking her head, blinking, lowering her ear, scratching it. I took a look in her ear and it looked clean as far as I could see and no obvious bumps or scratches. From the way she's acting, the most convincing thought is that there's something in there. The dog's fleas came back after just having been treated a month ago (I treated her then, too), I haven't found any on her but who knows.

I know I seem a little paranoid, but my other cat died suddenly about two months ago and I still look back on things that didn't seem like much and wish I had been more vigilant. Also, the possibility of a brain tumor has been batted around with Weeble because she's twitchy (she has been for years), and the eye blinking sort of stokes those fires...

4. Kathy and Kitty

I'll just bump this up. I can hear your concern. Sounds like a vet visit is in Weeble's future.

You might try cross-posting this on Health.

5. weeble

weeble Member

Thanks for your replies, I really, really appreciate them. She's relaxed a bit and me along with her. Those crazy pants can get a little tight and hard to take off at times...

But yes, there is a vet visit in her future. The rational part of me says it's just a simple ear something.

6. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Congrats on Day 7 Hope that itch goes away and never comes back :RAHCAT bcatrun_gif bcatrun_gif flip_cat dancing_cat cat_pet_icon

7. Carrie & Trouble

Carrie & Trouble Member

Happy Day 7, but hopefully day 8 is less itchy! Tell Weeble you would prefer to deal with one situation at a time!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Any thought of trying to test the other ear?

9. weeble

weeble Member

Yes, actually--I am going to try to test the other ear in a bit. She's still a bit head-shakey, but I should be able to eke it out.

Thanks for the cheers, everyone!

10. Kathy and Kitty

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :mrgreen:

11. weeble

weeble Member

Huh. However, the she strips were out all day; I used the same ones on the ditched attempt this morning since I only had one True Track strip left. Still seems a little extreme. Maybe I'll get that testing solution. Anyone know if the Accucheck runs low?

And Libby and Jill were right, that bad boy sucks up the blood like nobody's business!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.