Week 1

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Frito's Mom, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frito's Mom

Frito's Mom New Member

Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry to be meeting y'all, but I'm glad really glad you're here. Already, this message board has been immensely helpful. I'm pleased I found this website so quickly during my research.

Let me introduce us. My name is Katie, and my little sugar cat bug is Frito Lay. I've been his doting mama for about 6 years now. When he was around a year old, my sister found him, very ill, and took him to the vet to be fixed up. He had a severe bladder infection. After getting him medicated, fixed, and vaccinated, she foisted him onto me. I've loved him ever since. He's got 1 little sister, Gypsy Belle. They tolerate each other.
    On 4.20.15, I finally took him in to the vet. He'd been losing a lot of weight, and it was concerning me. My boy was diagnosed 4.21.15 with a blood glucose of 365. We just started his injections in the pm on 4.29 - 1u Vetsulin BID. So far, so good. His glucometer cam in yesterday, so I'll be picking it up this afternoon.

I did have 1 question: I'm starting an at home binder, with hard copies of his spread sheet, directions, Hypo symptoms, etc. Has anyone else made something similar, and care to share what they think might be beneficial for me to add? I'd really appreciate the input.

Thanks!
    Katie & Frito
    11173653_10152856710836417_877780933_n.jpg
    Isn't he so handsome!?

2. Nancy & Cootie (GA)

Nancy & Cootie (GA) Member

Welcome to FDMB! Your boy Frito is extremely handsome and also photogenic! I'm sure more experienced members will come along & give you additional tips on food, insulin, home monitoring, etc, but I would highly recommend adding the info in @BJM's signature links to your binder. Her Glucometer notes and secondary monitoring tools really helped me a lot!

3. Frito's Mom

Frito's Mom New Member

Thanks! That's great info to have. I'm familiarizing myself with it now.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

See my signature link for Secondary Monitoring Tools, as well as for Glucometer Notes.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I do not have a hared copies of my information. I keep my spreadsheets in the Numbers spreadsheet on my iPad and I can access them from my iPhone and Mac computer. I also record general info in a Pages document on my iPad and can view then on my iPhone and Mac.
    I also have other information like bloodwork results, vaccination records on my iPad in the GoodReader app

6. Frito's Mom

Frito's Mom New Member

Oh, I definitely have highly accessible spreadsheets in my google docs. However, I really feel more comfortable also having hard copies of all Frito's information in my home. His lab results are posted in another tab with the spreadsheet. Every piece of paper I receive from the vet is scanned into the computer, as well, and saved in a special folder in my google docs.

7. Frito's Mom

Frito's Mom New Member

I think what I've got is fine. I'll just stick with that, and expand on things as time progresses. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.