Weekend Loose Lips

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by squeem3, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Happy Earth Day weekend :D

[​IMG]

All is well here :D Leroy is done with the steroid :thumbup And no more huge FD-sized pee clumps or being hungry and whiny or drinking a lot :RAHCAT I know Dr. B said it was unlikely that the steroid would cause FD-like symptoms, especially not after a few doses, but it is my cat and nothing is ever normal :razz: I haven't heard any coughing/lip smacking/swallowing from Leroy so maybe the steroid did help :smile: I haven't checked bgs but maybe I'll do a pokey to see. Leroy seems to run in the low 100s while Emma runs under 100. I know, ECID.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to get someone for Nurse Appreciation Week that is next month? I've known someone from Catster.com for a few years now and we've gotten to be pretty good friends. She's a nurse at a hospital and I thought it would be nice to send her a little somethng besides a card. I know she likes crafty stuff like beading jewerly, she has a DH and two teenaged sons, 5 cats and 2 dogs. I was thinking of maybe some beading related?

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

if you're sending a gift out of the blue, you can't hardly go wrong. it IS the thought that counts, and that's such a sweet thing to do. i'm not a bead-er, but i think both amy/trixie and roni/moonie are. maybe they have ideas.

i always feel old when earth day comes around because i remember the first one. our elementary school went to the far side of the playground and everyone walked back in and picked up trash as we walked.

so you have something you do to acknowledge it?

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Liz and I are shopping for an extra feeder tray for the five meal auto feeder. I've been looking online with no luck, any suggestions?

4. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Squeem, any beader will appreciate a new jewelry tool or containers to keep beads in.

Melanie & Racci

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh YES - small bead containers, my favorites for mine are those little clear ones that screw together to make it's own stack. I can keep likes together but still separated. Not knowing the type she makes, that's a good 'go to' for a gift. If she uses gold or silver, polishing cloths is another good one.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's a link to see what I'm talking about above that screw together:
    http://www.jewelrysupply.com/products/PB107.html?catPath=396_425

HUGS TO ALL!!!

6. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. :) Just a little video to make you laugh. Have a great Earth Day weekend! RRRR!

[youtube]KRBH21IvSrc[/youtube]

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Thats awfully nice to send a gift. Beads are great. I am sure whatever you decide on would be much appreciated. :mrgreen:

Anne/Liz...what do you mean another bowl? What kind of feeder do you have?

I think there was suppose to be a big Earthday Celebration a few blocks from me at the Falls. I think the rain scared people away. I ran out to get some more kitty cubes (see story below), and there were very few people there.

Tippie had a potential major problem this a.m. while playing in her cubes. She is known to flip them around while inside (for fun). She did this once or twice and then I realized it was no longer for fun. Something was wrong. She was wrestling to free herself and meowing. I felt totally helpless. Everytime I tried to put my hand near her to see how I could help, she went even more crazy. It could have been a claw stuck. More likely because she rips the cubes up so much there was a hole she got her paw her head stuck in when she flipped. :sad:

Here you can see the yellow trim on the blue cube has been ripped a bit. Ok, guess you cant see it! :lol: I think it was a similar situation she got caught up in the MIDDLE one. I usually cut them so we dont have problems, but I didnt see it.
    [​IMG]

I went to walgreens to get more and they were 50% off!!!! Only problem...there were none left. :YMSIGH: Guess I will have to hit Target soon. She really likes the messed up cubes, and will rip the new ones. These are just getting too dangerous.

Here is how Tippie would celebrate Earth Day (if it was sunny today):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a good Caturday night everyone!

ETA: I can see the video now Natalia! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. squeem3

Thanks for the suggestions :D I've seen similar stackable containers at The Container Store. I'll check it out next time I go shopping :smile:

How about a beading project idea book?

I don't think you can buy an extra tray online or at a store. Try contacting PetSafe to see if they can sell you just the tray? http://www.petsafe.net/customer-care

Lol, Tippie :lol: Nice job tearing up the cubes :lol: I had similar ones for Leroy and Emma and had to throw it out as soon as it started to show signs of wear.

Cute pictures :smile: I wish I could open my windows that high but my window screens aren't secure enough in the frame for my comfort nailbite_smile And I live on the third floor :shock: I can so see one of the civies crashing into the screen going after a bird and falling out the window :shock:

There's a science festival in the city where I work. Some of the events tomorrow are Earth Day related. The zoo has a Earth Day party, there's a clean up along all 80 miles of the river, events at the library, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Tomorrow's forecast is rain and lots of it so that may put a damper on the outdoor events.

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Carolyn, we have the five meal auto feeder and would like to get a second tray, the part that fits inside for the food. We would like a second so we can wash one in the dishwasher and have another ready to go. I can find all sorts of places to get a feeder online, but no extra food trays.

10. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Yes! I like those containers if she uses small sea beads but something bigger if she uses large beads. Those are great though for all kinds of things including the hardware. I used to make a lot of jewelry and would have loved some extras that screwed together. I used to save all kinds of jars. Baby food jars are great. :lol:

Melanie & Racci

11. julie & punkin (ga)

when i need parts for something, Goodwill is my go-to store. replacement lids that have broken, electrical cords that the rabbit ate - don't know if they'd have a new tray or not, but might be worth checking.

fwiw, anne, i just rinse punkin's under the faucet. never had a dish come clean so easily as that feeder tray. everything just slides off.

those cubes . . . :lol: . . . . wow. "i am destruct-o-cube cat!"

12. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Maybe line the tray with foil, so you can just dispose of the foil and the tray is nearly pristine.

13. julie & punkin (ga)

good point, BJ - i've heard people put custard cups inside the feeder. haven't tried that but they might fit.

14. squeem3

Hmm... if I get stackable containers or something, should I also fill it with inexpensive beads and other items? Or just include a note in the card saying that the container is useful to hold her beading stuff?

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

If you PM your address to me I will send you a tray. I have 5 feeders and don't need all of them any more. I used to feed BigMac and his sister, Cappi, with them as well as an attempt to do the same with a little feral family outside. The outside auto-feeding was a failure after one attempt. :shock: I still use one for Cappi when I go out-of-town and will keep a spare... Other than that they are just taking up space.

16. carolynandlatte

CANDY! :mrgreen:
    Tea?

Do you have an Ikea near you? They have some fun containers.

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

And then I think any of us could offer a few(dozen? hundred?) strip containers. :lol: They'd be great for beads!

Carolyn, you live near the falls? Minnehaha? I used to live near Cedar Lake, we ride down there all the time.

18. carolynandlatte

:shock: :shock: That is a looooooooong bike ride! :shock: :shock:

Yes, I moved to this end of town on Latte's 1yr anniversary (last summer)! I moved to be closer to my full time job. Three months later, the family relocated and I'm outta work! ohmygod_smile BUT...I LOVE the area sooooo much! Lake Nokomis is literally my backyard, the creek is just a few blocks, and the falls about 10-12 blocks. I could not think of a better area to be living while unemployed. :lol: I think I spent too many years (17) in uptown. I appreciate the quiet. Well, minus the air traffic. It's not too bad.

19. squeem3

Lol :lol: I guess the containers can hold other things :D I know she likes tea and who doesn't like candy?

There is but no car to get there :? I could bribe my brother to go there but the one time we went it was a PITA waiting in a long line for nearly an hour just to get into the parking lot ohmygod_smile And it was a regular weekend, too. Too bad Ikea doesn't have online shopping.

Test strip containers can certainly be reused [​IMG] I remember my parents storing subway tokens in plastic camera film containers which are similar in size to test strip containers.

20. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

You need an ONLINE container store? THIS store is an organizer's dream. I lived near one for about a year - I think I have a container for about everything and some that hold nothing just because they fascinate me..... :roll:

The Container Store

I'll have to admit something - my beads are in thin photopaper boxes with handmade separators. I used clear overhead projector transparency and foam board to make a clear cover then the hard cover. I have several that then fit inside 2 other easy to carry boxes. I made all this traveling cross country in our motorhome so I could bead while traveling. I could see them all but a sudden stop only rolled the few I had on top of the cover. ...one of those 'whatever works' solutions....haven't beaded in a few years.

BIG HUG TO ALL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.