? Weight loss/ravenous appetite after remission?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kaley Grace, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaley Grace

Kaley Grace New Member

I am somewhat new to the board. I would see this group show up in searches while researching info on diabetic cats and found it to be very helpful. I have a 15 year old female tuxedo cat who had diabetes earlier this year and we did achieve remission! :) Over the last month and a half she has slowly lost weight and seems to be hungry all of the time. I've not really changed her diet since remission as I want her to stay in remission. She eats primarily canned food and supplement with Tiki Cat dry food while I'm at work or in between feedings. She eats a variety of canned food, mostly the Tiki Cat Dark but I also give her Fancy Feast, Weruva and a few other brands and make sure to stay away from the ones with gravy. So back to the weight loss, I'm curious if anyone has experienced weight loss in their cats after remission. I did take her to the vet yesterday and she's lost about pound since her last visit a few months ago which I know is a lot in a cat for her age/size. I was concerned the diabetes was back because she's also looking greasy again like when she had diabetes. Good news, after the tests yesterday, she does not have diabetes and they also tested the thyroid and it is normal. We are going to watch her over the next couple weeks and take her back to be weighed again but in the meantime, I thought I'd look to see if anyone else has experienced this and any potential causes that I could possibly rule out. Other than the weight loss and wanting to eat all the time her energy level is up and bathroom habits seem normal (hard to tell with 4 other cats but I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.