Wellness Canned Food has Changed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tiffmaxee, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

i just read that Wellness has new food labels and the phosphorus has increased a lot. The chicken and turkey have gone from 1.15 to 1.94 according to someone who called the company. So I'd call but assume the rest will be higher as well.

Bodinator likes this.
  2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Friskies has new labels so I've wondered about their formula as well.
    I have old labels to compare to the new ones and need to stare at them and see.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

:arghh::banghead: I just bought several cans. They have the old labels, hope they're low Phos.

4. tiffmaxee

If the old label they will be the old recipe.

5. tiffmaxee

@Sharon14 I just read they have six months to change the label so you might have the higher phos food. I'd call the company with the batch number.

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for heads up on this !!

7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Why would they do this? Wellness Turkey was Bronx's go-to food besides Rad Cat raw. I will try Organix turkey and chicken flavors now. Wellness just lost a long-time customer.

8. tiffmaxee

Sorry to give you this news. These companies don't ever ask us or even give a heads up. I hope the Organix works out.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Colin didn't like the Organix, though his acro appy made him eat it anyway! Hope Bronx likes it. I noticed the new Wellness formula doesn't have the carrageenan, so that's good, not sure what else changed. I sent an email to Wellness and asked for the as fed numbers of the new formulas. I'll post if/when they send them.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

If phos is still under 200 that would be fine. I did get a case of the new stuff and Bronx eats it but assumed phos was the same as the old recipe.

11. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Really dislike how companies do this :arghh:

12. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I just got all the as fed values and it was really, really disappointing since I've switched to mostly Wellness pates for Bandit at this point. All the regular pates are now high in phosphorus, and only two of the Core pates are less than 250 mg/100 kcal.

[​IMG]
    I find this as infuriating and frustrating as the Merrick's formula change a few years ago. :(

13. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Julia, think you can post this and tag Dr. Lisa on her Food chart sticky to look at? I don't know if we're allowed to tag her. At least it's as fed values from the company? :) Friskies is changing their formulas too, not sure if it's for better or for worse yet. The trend seems to be for worse :(

Sharon14 likes this.
  14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh....why do they do this ?!?!?!?!?! All 3 of my boys are doing well on Wellness and Core...at 14 and 18 it has been great to be able to feed food that was good for them AND that they liked .....now this :(

15. Karen & Lily

Karen & Lily Member

Lily isn't crazy about Organix either but will eat it if she has too! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.