Wendy- how's BOO?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa&Paul-Kyle, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

howz Boo doing on the new dose?

:?:

2. Wendy and Boo (GA)

Wendy and Boo (GA) Member

Hey Melissa!

As soon as I get some sleep (late night last night) I'll put his numbers in the ss. No good spot checks on this dose so I'm not sure how low his NADIR is. Will do curve hopefully tomorrow. Pre-shots have gone down, but are still in the low 300's. !#$% fur shot last night which resulted in a 450+ number this a.m. sigh.

Thanks for asking about us ;-)

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I was going to say you could do a mini curve (every 3 hours), but I wonder if the 450 is from rebound and not a fur shot? I don't know that a 450 could be possible if the cat is on a low carb diet and got a fur shot. High carb yes, but isn't Boo eating a good low carb, raw diet? So, because of that, a full curve would be good to try and ID a nadir OR a high flat situation.

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

makes sense, as he's still learning to work the insulin. cleo often went pretty high after late shots (late, missed, fur, partial fur, often act similarly to a dose reduction) for quite a long time til she started processing lantus better. i'd lay odds it'd be the same for lev. both insulins act similarly.

glad to read that the preshots are lowering, tho. it's what we've been aiming for. :)

5. Wendy and Boo (GA)

Wendy and Boo (GA) Member

SS updated.

He did steal a bit of the dog's evo the night of the fur shot, so that could have added to the high number the next day.

We'll see what the curve reveals today :)

Edited: Can't do curve today as I'm going out of town. Will do one tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.