Wet Food Recommendations

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Booger was diagnosed in February of this year. I immediately switched him to wet food. The vet of course wanted to put him on Purina DM dry food but said I could also do the wet. I have read on here that the DM food is poor quality and that a lot of people are feeding Friskies or Fancy Feast pate food that is lower in carbs. I am currently feeding Booger Friskies pate and made sure (using the food guide provided here on the forum) that all the flavors I get him are under 5% carbs. I know a lot of you all say under 10% but I want to be more cautious. So he is eating pate food with under 5% carbs but his numbers are still WAY too high! He was switched from Vetsulin to Lantus recently but all day today he has been between 400-600 all day! It HAS to be the food right?? He doesn't get in to the dry food or anything else he is not supposed to as I work from home so I am here all day. There was ONE day he grabbed one of my fries but I managed to get it from him before he was able to consume too much of it. Even then, his numbers were not this high. I just do not know what to do at this point and I am thinking about putting him on better quality wet food so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Are you doing slgo or tr? I think you just need to follow your protocol. The food you're feeding is fine. You need to adjust the dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.