What food is best

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dawnjanell, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Hi all, I have read thru the list here as well as some other sites but there are just so many options. What food have you found that is low carb, your cats like, and has reasonably healthy ingredients?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I feed my cat weruva foods. She used to get fancy feast classic but she has developed kidney issues and needs foods both lower in phosphorus and carb. Weruva foods are really clean ingredients. Some look good enough to eat. Lolol

4. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Hi I used Weruva also the chicken licked paws looks like shredded chicken . You have to check the different flavors because not all are low carbs like the pouches for example . I also used Tiki Cat which has 0 carbs . I also research what companies ever had recalls , both of these brands were not recalled . Ahhhh I went through so many cans of different foods trying to find something she liked hang in there

Dawnjanell likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

currently on the menu:

Weruva slide and serve pate foods Family Food (.97 phosphorus and 0 carb). Also Jeopurrdy Chicken (0.97 P 6.1 carb)

Weruva Steak Frites (0.57 phosphorus 7.5 carb although I take out any big pieces of potatoes to try to limit the carbs just a bit)

weruva Fowl Ball chicken and turkey (0.89phosphorus 0 carb). Although this one isn't a favorite anymore

Weruva LA isla Bonita - phosphorus 0.77 carb 4.5
    Glam and punk 1% carb, 0.93 phosphorous.

Weruva paw lickin chicken 3.3 carb 0.82 p and
    Press your lunch 5.9 carb. 0.82 phosphorous

Weruva bff play Laugh Out Loud chicken and lamb 7.7 carb, 0.82 phosphorous. This is her current favorite

6. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Thank you so much!! I just reread thru a bunch of those lists again this morning and have A dozen different kinds on my shopping list. I will scratch those out and get the
    Thank you so much! I have read and reread those lists. I found one that sounded perfect but I think it must be discontinued or maybe the name is just a tiny different. I will grab some Weruva, I grabbed some Friskies Pate Friday just to get her on lower carb while I did some more research.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  7. JanetNJ

which one were you looking at?

8. JanetNJ

If you go on chewy.com they have some variety packs. I did that and took notes on which ones she liked best so when I reordered I could get a case of the ones she liked.

9. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Natural Balance Delectable Delights LID Chicken & Pumpkin Cup, I found a chicken and pumpkin but it does not say Delectable delights and the description was much lower in protein. I'm trying not to go below 4% carbs for fear of ketosis (she tested .6 yesterday, .4 today).

10. JanetNJ

There's a few weruva foods with pumpkin.

11. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

I was looking at those, she has had anal gland issues and I know pumpkin is high in fiber. For now I went straight off your list and ordered from Petco. Press your lunch, Jeopurrdy, and Laugh out loud. They all said hydrating which she needs to flush out the ketones.

12. JanetNJ

the press your lunch in particular is like a jelly... we joke it's her snot food. the steak frites and laugh out loud has some pumpkin in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.