what is goal on human meter?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ppp, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppp

ppp Member

When I read that a normal cat should be at 50-80, is that on feline meter?

What is goal on human meter (Relion Confirm)?

Thank you.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Normal actually is 50-129. I’m not sure I uunderstand your question. Do you mean goal for remission or nadir? I think reading the sticky will help. Are you following TR or SLGS? That makes a difference as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  3. ppp

ppp Member

Thanks for the reply. I will read more of the 'guideline' pages (I realized how inattentive I was not to recognize that most of these pages say -- IN CAPS -- these are human meter readings) (& since also noticed that the alpha meters/spreadsheets for felines have very different numbers).

I haven't followed either regimen exactly. My vet initially suggested 3 U per day -- once a day (that's when I was anticipating our being out of town and having a cat sitter who could not be here at 12 hour intervals. Went down to 1 while we were gone; so worried after initial reading on the site that Tut would go hypo while no one was around. Went up to 1.5 twice a day when we returned as a compromise between the wisdom here vs. worry that the vet would 'yell' at me when I saw her at scheduled appointment after our return. Lack of perfection...

I was trying to find out about remission numbers/when a cat can go off insulin and not be harmed by his BG numbers. I assume that's what you refer to as 50-129 (?) I will go back and read more of the background numbers. (Curious how one knows what is appropriate between 50 & 129.) Just really appreciate having any more clear guideline -- which I was very confused about -- as I decide what to shoot now that his numbers are dropping. (Feeling so lucky, and yet worried about too lows.)

Off to find out what Tgat is...

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I typed incorrectly. Normal numbers are 50-120. For remission you wants almost all under 100.

So if you can monitor you would reduce if under 50. Can you get some night tests to see the night nadir? Spot checks at +4-7 would be helpful since many go lower at night. My first green numbers were at night and I had to stay up u til +8 to mo itor. Once you are experienced you will shoot even green numbers but you need more data and would need to be able to be home to monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.