What is going on?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

I've never seen bouncing like this before. from 300s to below 100, back up again. I have no idea if it's a dosage problem or something else is going on.

She doesn't eat dry food, eats low carb diet, and has been acting lively, playful lately.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there. It does look like you are getting some extremes. Usually, a +2 will be a good indicator of how active the cycle is going to be. But, it looks like she has a later nadir somewhere around +8 +9 . I am wondering if she is going lower in the PM cycle after your last test and then bouncing up in the AM? Maybe if you get up to pee during the night around +8 or 9 you could grab a test.

Hopefully some other peeps will weigh in.

3. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Yes, I believe she not only has late nadirs, but drops BG when I'm asleep. I leave out food, which I know she eats, but it doesn't always work.
    Now, I'm wondering if I should give a shot tonight or not. I just gave her some HC food - a tablespoon. If she keeps dropping, or stays in bright green numbers, I'm not sure if she should get anything, or lower her dosage?

4. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

It's not all that unusual. My little guy does the same thing. His nadir usually falls around +8 and he generally goes lower at night. Feeding a higher-carb food at night might help. Are you taking reductions for BG under 50, or anything bright green? You switched to a human meter where bright green should be under 50, but the spreadsheet is still set for AlphaTrak values where anything under 68 is bright green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.