What regulation looks like

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Please observe Gandalf's current spreadsheet. Numbers at the beginning of this sheet are wonky because we weren't at the optimum dose.

Once we moved to 1.3U things improved. There are some 300s however when my schedule was wacky - please check the notes. Even split dosing can't overcome all those changes.

Over the past 2 weeks I've maintained a regular schedule and the results are wonderful. This is one of the best periods of regulation he has had and I'm hoping he remains there once my schedule changes again, because good regulation should help. His 14 day meter average is 146.

Gandalf is a long term diabetic, coming up on 6 years within a month. I credit Levemir with helping him maintain fairly stable health as a long term diabetic.

I have also scheduled the removal in mid January of 2 skin lesions he has had for a while. I figured now is a good time to do that when he's doing well.

He received his monthly Adequan shot yesterday and you can see he had very little/no reaction. The PM 199 was because of the upset the trip causes him than a reaction to the Adequan.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Vicky, you do a wonderful job with Gandalf! He is so lucky to have landed on your doorstep, so to speak.

Paws crossed that he maintains these numbers for a good long time.

3. Pam & Alley

Pam & Alley Member

Vicky, so happy Gandalf is doing so good! Nice regulated numbers...Alley is closer to some sort of leveling, but not as good as yours.
    You give me hope!

Congrats and keep up the good numbers Gandalf!

Pam & Alley

4. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Nice and steady! I am sure it feels good to get on a more regular schedule for a while. :)

P.S. nice to see that the Adequan didn't have any apparent effect. Did you happen to ask the acupuncture vet what she thought about all that?

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

No I didn't because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to explain it well enough. I don't know how Adequan relates to or contains glucosamine and I gathered that there was some jumping to conclusions because supposedly glucosamine interferes with insulin absorption, was that it?

How can the glucosamine aspect be true when there are plenty of diabetics on here being supplemented with glucosamine in one form or another and none of us know this?

Back when we first began using Adequan I thought I noticed a connection between the shots and increased BGs, but vet checked and no one could confirm that has been found.

6. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

So nice to see smooth sailing on a sea of blue and green... good job Gandalf! Oh, and you too Vicky-nice work! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.