What the? Help needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pia, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pia

Pia Member

I've recently switched Richard Parker to ONLY raw turkey and cooked chicken with EZC. He's been diabetic since last April. All info in Signature is accurate and spreadsheet is up-to-date. Dude just blew a 94 on the breathalyzer pre-meal, pre-shot.

Should I shoot or not?
    *shoves chocolate into her mouth and waits for reply*

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You gave 1.5 u on a similar PS on 26 October in the AM. You could try that. If you're interested the people on the Lantus forum could give advice. Your dosing method is different from what is recommended for Lantus on FDMB though.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK....first things first.….you're changing the dose too often. Lantus craves consistency so you need to be giving the same dose both AM and PM

Lantus dosing is based on how LOW it takes them, not how high the Pre-shot is.

Have you fed yet? If not, DON'T....test again now

Are you going to be home and able to test as long as needed tonight? Do you have plenty of supplies?

4. Pia

Pia Member

I gave him 2 units for months with no testing, but then as I approached his food changeover I started testing worried that he might go into remission.

That Oct 26 AM is an anomaly - I'm concerned that I might have gotten a fur shot. See 10/29 PM...

I just fed at 7:15 and I was going to test again at 7:30.

I have to leave the house tomorrow morning for work at 7:10 at the latest.

5. Chris & China (GA)

I'd go with the 1.5 and test at +1 and +2 so if you need to intervene you can do it early

I have lots of trick or treaters so I can't guarantee when I'll be online tonight to watch

If your gut tells you to shoot less, that's OK too....it's all good data to have moving forward

6. Pia

Pia Member

I tested again 20 minutes post-dinner and got a 122. I gave around 0.5u and I'll test again +1 and +2.

7. Pia

Pia Member

I got a 118 at +1 and a +109 at +2. I'm good with that! Happy chocolate dreams everyone! I'll be dreaming of remission and a cat that can walk again!

8. Chris & China (GA)

I'd try to get at least 1 more test in

His depot is still pumping out insulin at a higher rate than .5 so he could do down quite a bit more later in the cycle.

Maybe a +4?

9. Pia

Pia Member

I have my alarm set for work at +10, so I won't be able to get that +4. Rich got a little snack of 0-carb Fancy Feast and we are tucking it in.

Thank you everyone for your help and all you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.