? What to do about PM dose?! Coco AMPS 210 +4 217 +6 179 +8 77 +8.5 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anna123, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna123

Anna123 Member

I was doing a mini curve today with Coco & she was at 210 AMPS. (She gets 3 3/4 units of Lantus) Her numbers were decreasing throughout the day & she hit 77 at +8. I kind of freaked, cause she really never gets that low. I gave her Fancy Feast w/ gravy & tested 45 minutes later, where she is a 107. Do I skip the evening shot..even if she returns to higher preshot numbers?? I have gotten some nighttime tests too, so hopefully you all will get a good picture of her dosing/numbers situation.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are following the SLGS method, Coco earned a dose reduction down to 3.5 units of Lantus. Congratulations!

3. Anna123

Anna123 Member

wow! Really?? :) She's never earned a dose reduction! Do I skip a dose altogether tonight or do her new 3.5 dose? I'm predicting she gets pretty high by pmps~ she's almost always in the 300's ..

4. Wendy&Neko

If she's really high, you are probably fine just going with the new 3.5 unit dose. Going down dose the first time is rather exciting. :D Anytime she goes below 90, she earns a reduction according to SLGS. And next time you see a lower number in the 70's, you are probably OK with giving her a lower carb meal instead of high carbs. Below 50 is when we go to the gravy.

5. Anna123

Anna123 Member

yeah, I probably freaked out prematurely. lol. I actually didn't even plan on doing a curve today at all..it just kind of happened because of her low numbers..

6. Anna123

Anna123 Member

Coco's PMPS # is 275. I'm surprised she didn't shoot up high! Do I give the reduced 3.5 dose?

7. Wendy&Neko

Yes

Anna123 likes this.
  8. Anna123

Anna123 Member

thank you

9. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the reduction!!thats exciting!!:D

10. Anna123

Anna123 Member

Thank you!! I AM excited!! :) I wonder though, what causes the change in the numbers & her need for a reduction...could her pancreas be "kickin in"?

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yeah! On the reduction! Good work with the curve. It could just very well be that her pancreas is kickin in a bit especially if you didn't change her food to a lower carb one recently. Or it could be that that the 3.75 was the dose to start things going in a downward direction. Whatever it is, is a good thing, (said in my best Martha Stewart voice)

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  12. Anna123

Anna123 Member

lol~ it IS a good thing (and we haven't changed her diet at all). We are very excited~ YAY!!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction :D

14. Anna123

Anna123 Member

Coco & I say thank you!!:D

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.